276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Knee Deep in Life: Wife, Mother, Realist… and why we’re already enough

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's like, when I left the hospital a new mum, I picked up my dignity at the door but forgot my sex drive was sitting under the bed. And that's before she takes on ridiculous female stereotypes in the only way she knows how - by making people laugh. Laura is a Sunday Times Best Selling author who frequents social media under the name knee deep in life challenging issues around shame and using her comedic talent to make light of what life really looks with her expectation vs reality sketches.

I hope beyond all hope that one day your a*** wipe comment isn't the final straw in someone elese's life, that you don't send someone over the edge that they make a snap decision because they believe the horse s*** that comes out of your mouth. It’s about tackling the small parts of our lives that feel overwhelming, and when we start chipping away at whatever it is, it gives space for better things. I felt a stitch more bonded to him in that moment, but it wasn't a ping of instant love because he then screamed the whole way home in the car and I wanted to faceplant a bed of stinging nettles.

However, Laura is refusing to let the trolls win and has come back with the perfect response to those who criticise her online. Filming took place in May 2014, and giddy anticipation turned to nerves as soon as the lift doors opened. Laura Belbin, 34, an administrator, lives in Gosport, Hampshire, with her husband Steve, 36, and their sons Elliott, seven, and Toby, three. Laura started her channels after chronic post-natal- depression left her with an insatiable desire to make people laugh and reassure those who doubt themselves every single day. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behaviour or unique IDs on this site.

Somebody who chooses to go online and talk nastily about somebody else has deep rooted issues that I can't fathom, because I am not them nor have I been them,' she said. The company behind the viral post has since responded to criticism, saying it "believe(s) that body shaming is never appropriate", and has used the publicity to ask women over 25 to get a cervical cancer check. I’m also frustrated and enraged that in 2022, women are still fighting for equal pay, to be heard, to be accepted within society for who we are. Queen of Halloween dresses up as a PEACOCK with 10-person entourage while her husband rolls up as an EGG.Often mothers feel on a high for the first few days after birth, as the excitement of a new baby coupled with all the celebrations and congratulations makes them euphoric. I didn't cry, I had no feelings, it was like someone had gone inside a room, flicked the light off and that was it, it was gone. Laura Belbin (aka Knee Deep In Life) is a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, auntie – and the woman you avoid eye contact with in the playground. And now, with social media, there’s such a heavy expectation to be a certain way, and not thinking you’re good enough.

When we had our first child Elliott in 2011, I suffered from mild postnatal depression, but it soon passed, and I adored being his mum. Our business has grown slowly because we juggle it around motherhood, but three years later, the fact that we made it without the dragons’ help makes me all the more proud. After that my confidence soared, and in April 2017 I decided to swim 1,800 miles around Britain to raise awareness of mental health issues. Her online community is made up of like-minded people who want to laugh and celebrate their lumps, bumps and imperfections.When you planned on making this into a funny quip about checking if your fanny smelt, but what actually happened is you accidentally backwards rolled and you quickly realised you’re too old for this sh*t. So let's take it back to those tiny steps, because all mountains that are climbed don't happen without practice, perseverance, self-belief and a fuck ton of work. This high is likely to crash after a few days, as the reality of sleepless nights and constant demands sets in.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment