276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Clover Amour Crochet Hooks 10 kg-Size B to J, Fabric, Multicolor, 5.5" Height x 4.2" Length x 1" Width

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I found this hook extremely difficult to work with. If you are using this hook, you are likely having a lot of issues making amigurumi. It’s not you, it’s the hook. When choosing a crochet hook there are a lot of variables to consider. I’ve tested 14 popular crochet hooks and ranked them from WORST to BEST. I’m naturally a very twitchy person – I don’t sit still for very long – and this behaviour translates with crochet hooks as well. If I’ve been using a Clover Amour all day designing something in the Crochet Coach studio and I want to switch to another project, I’ll often change to a different style of hook too just to mix it up. It’s like exercise – if you run 5km every day your body eventually gets used to it and you need to change your exercise routine to incorporate something different.

I’ve had a set of Yarnology Ergonomic crochet hooks for quite a while and they are great favorite for crocheting granny squares. Items such as fabrics, elastics and other items that are cut to length cannot be returned unless they are faulty. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:The pointed head and grippy handle are two really big positives. But there’s one negative that makes the Addi Premium Hook lower on my list. I’m a knife grip crocheter and found it fine to use the Addi Swing but I’m pretty sure a pen grip crocheter would struggle – they look to me like they’re designed for knife grippers. They’re not ideal for tight crocheters because the tapered throat allows the working loop to slip even smaller and tighter as you’re crocheting I bought this from a knitting store that carries only Addi hooks so I was kind of forced into buying it but I quite like it. It’s a 2mm so I use it for amigurumi and it’s a top notch little hook. I prefer these to the Addi Swing so if you’re going to budget for an Addi hook, try this one first, especially if you’re a pencil grip crocheter. I can’t quite imagine how a pencil grip crocheter would hold and Addi Swing. If anyone can point me to a video of it being done, I’d love to see it!

Addi is one of my favorite brands of knitting needles, so I was curious what their crochet hooks would be like. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. I will do a full post on the whole shebang of hooks but for now you just need to know that there are basically two kinds of hooks and most brands are based on these kinds of hooks. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced crocheter, selecting the right crochet hook is crucial for a comfortable and enjoyable crocheting experience. With the multitude of options available, it can be overwhelming to know which crochet hook is best suited for your project. The Furls Odyssey hooks are also weighted, which is a plus for some and a negative for others. I love the weight and it’s a definite positive for me.PLEASE NOTE:- Postage times can vary depending on public holidays, weekends, location, natural disasters, customs investigations, Australia Post investigations & other uncontrollable factors.

My personal preference shouldn’t really come into anyone else’s crochet hook experiences but I’m a Clover Amour gal through and through. I use and love a variety of crochet hooks but if I have the choice, I generally reach for a Clover every time! I’m part of their referral program so if you want 20% off your first Happy Hook you can use this link here. They’re so worth it I love mine even though it’s a Bates. Included in this little experiment are the crochet hooks that so many people have asked me to review which leads us to the first test: Counting Crochet Hook Set by KXK Having said that, I know some crocheters who swear by Addi Swings – I’d recommend giving them a go just in case they’re your perfect hook. This hook has a long, skinny handle. I personally prefer something with a little more width, but if you don’t mind thin, this is a great hook.Finally, I will give you most honest opinion about these crochet hooks, enabling you to make an informed decision. I didn’t take very well to using the Addi Swing . I’m very glad I tried it and after a while it was quite comfortable but it took some practice.

The handle isn’t ergonomic per se, it’s just built up with polymer clay to give it a handle. I think this is a plus though because it’s inclusive of all crocheters. Both pen and knife grips can use them. The other thing that I love about my Furls Odyssey hooks is that it has the smoothest metal of any crochet hook I’ve ever used. I’ll admit it – I’m a bonafide crochet hook addict. I’m constantly on the search for the best ergonomic crochet hooks which means I buy A LOT of hooks. At last count I had about seven 4mm hooks alone. Seems like overkill right? If I see a hook I’ve never tried before, I buy it immediately – it’s my achilles heel. I think I’m one of the only yarn crafters who buys more hooks than yarn! I’ve had a few people asking what my go to hooks are and the truth is, I use so many different styles of hooks I can’t even count, but I do have a few favourites. One of the best features in my opinion is the handle shape. I love how it feels in my hand and how it reduces strain on my joints, muscles and tendons. And today I’m going to test a bunch of new popular crochet hooks to see if they stand up to my favorites. Then I’m going to rank them from WORST to BEST!

TRACKING YOUR PARCEL

They look like toothbrushes to me. I know I’m fussy but I look at crochet hooks for about 8 hours a day and I like them to look nice. I don’t think these are the worst looking ergonomic crochet hooks by a long shot (the earwax coloured Clover Soft Touches are pretty hard on the eye) but there’s something very medical about the way they look.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment