276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Argon EON Pi NAS Case (Network Attached Storage) for Raspberry Pi 4

£84.75£169.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Instructions a bit vague, skipping a step: you *really* need to remove the rear IO shield before you try to shove the Raspberry Pi in. Unaware of that (as my Argon Eon was constantly connected to the network) I run into some troubles caused by my NAS’ time being constantly reset to 2020! OVM will offer you a full NAS package and an easy way to manage your storage, and permissions and install plugins and extras. The back edge is where all the ports are located and we see placeholders for the Raspberry Pi 4’s USB, Ethernet and a cutout for the GPIO. The bitchy solution is to power down, remove the SSD and plug it back on a PC via USB and clone it with Balena/Win32DiskImager/USBimager/etc.

It also tells you to remove the screw holding the AV daughterboard in place, but never tells you to put it back again. I'm going to dig into the fan control script and see if there's a way to add hard drive temperature monitoring in there - the USB-SATA bridge passes SMART through with '-d sat' in smartctl, so it should be doable. Yes, I would be interested to see what it would take/cost to “upgrade” a preexisting Eon to be fully compatible with the Pi5 (new backplate, adapter board(s), etc.As Raspberry Pi 4 removed the primary bottleneck by introducing 1Gbit Ethernet it’s officially “enough” for home use (and enterprise if you are into clusters). Looks like it's come Royal Mail Tracked 48, too, from an address in the UK - which with a bit of luck means no VAT to pay. It offers a perfectly reasonable home NAS while not limiting itself to network storage use cases only. It’s still a computer… it has network, storage and memory… but as stated it is a Raspbery Pi and it does have limited computes. The Argon EON case for the Raspberry Pi 4 ( not included) allows you to build your very own 4-bay Raspberry Pi NAS!

I'm generally quite pleased, but I do disagree with the author of the review about the ease of use of OpenMediaVault. I would like to replace the SD Card with an small SATA SSD for installing OMV (it this possible at all?The design of the Argon EON makes use of space-grade aluminium allowing ultra-modern angular forms without compromising the rigidity and structural stability of the enclosure. But rather than another wedge shaped Raspberry Pi case bound for our desktop, the EON is bound for our living room, office or small business where it helps turn your Pi into a network-attached storage drive (NAS). After 20 min of stress testing the temperature had risen to 52℃ and my profile turned out to be sufficient in keeping the board reasonably cool during the benchmark. More testing to do, however the table at the end indicates which of the items is fording the fan to be on, i.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment