276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Crater Lake

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Seeing Lance, Kat, and Karim figure out things, go on adventure to find clues, and scary chase scenes.

I felt this worked really well, looking at the need to conform in a new school suddenly so much larger than their old primary school, the pressures that puts on old friendships and the need to be more tolerant and understanding. Night Mayor Franklefink has vanished from the Transylvanian Express - and it's up to you to solve the case!It’s an unknown location that Miss Hoche suggests will provide ‘an unforgettable learning experience. I could probably talk about this book for more and more because DANG it was a whirlwind of awesomeness. The comments below are therefore mine and mine only as a 38 year old woman, not as an 11 boy which the story is more probably aimed at. I’m aware this is coming across quite negative and I have to stress I have not discussed this book with the book club this month, it’s all me. Now he, Katja, Max, Chets and Ade, plus new friend Karim, must think bigger and bolder if they are to save their families.

Author Luke Palmer introduces his new book, Play (Firefly Press) about four boys growing up together, the challenges, the friendships, and what hap. This is howlingly funny horror for beginners, Jennifer Killick, the author of the Alex Sparrow series and Mo, Lottie and the Junkers, has a fine ear for comic dialogue. I never thought main character, Lance’s friendship group could take any more members, but things are different now, and Karim is a super fresh addition to the cast. Then, at night, things get much, much stranger … but no matter what happens, don’t – ever – fall asleep!If Emma Carroll is the ‘Queen of historical fiction’ then Jennifer Killick is rapidly becoming the loveable evil overlord of the comedic science-fiction horror. There is every chance the kids would love all this and the book is OF COURSE written for them not me. Not so confident that they aren't acknowledging the threat, but that they feel competent and you have faith in them. Like lots of towns, Straybridge is a quiet place where the local residents will tell you that nothing interesting ever happens.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment