276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sofirn SC18 Torches LED Super Bright Rechargeable Torch Flashlight 1800 Lumens IPX8 Waterproof, EDC Light with Side Switch 6 Modes,USB Hand Torch for Camping, Hiking and Emergency Use

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Here’s a sort of generica user interface table for Andúril 1 anyway! Every feature mentioned here might not apply to the Sofirn SC21 Pro flashlight. State

But for me it comes down to a toss up between the smaller still Fenix E18R V2 and Olight Baton 3 both with similar outputs, and I’d honestly grab either. I prefer the user interface on the Baton 3 and the charging case is great but I like the standard USB-C charging on the Fenix and the non-rechargeable CR123A battery support. The Nichia 519A LED sits inside a slightly mottled reflector and there is a noticeable hotspot, but with a fairly low output I still only measured 82 metres of throw with 1682 candela of intensity. The UI here is ToyKeeper’s Anduril, which at this point is very well covered. I’ve reviewed other lights with it, too. Here’s ToyKeeper’s UI graphic: In its brightest turbo mode I measured 822 lumens at turn, 808 lumens after 10 seconds, 788 lumens after 30 seconds, and 642 lumens after 5 minutes – very impressive for a small torch like this. And then 356 lumens after around 8 minutes which it held constant for the remainder of my measurements. This is the default operation of the torch, but the TS10 runs Anduril 2, an open-source firmware for torches. Anduril is completely configurable but quite complex – I could fill an entire video covering all its options. You shouldn’t let that put you off, the default operation is pretty close to my perfect user interface anyway. But if you like fiddling, I’d highly suggest reading the manual that I’ll link to down below. If you get to grips with Anduril, you can have the same setup with every Anduril torch you own.Press and Hold: Advance mode (You can advance out of moonlight and turbo to LMH, but not into moonlight or turbo.) The Acebeam E70 Mini comes with a short USB-C to USB-A cable, a lanyard, spare o-rings and a user manual.

I also have the SC21 Pro from Sofirn which is very similar but almost half the size and weight, running off a 16340 battery. And it has the option of a higher CRI, warmer LED which I do slightly prefer. A little bit of a mixed bag here. Low and medium don’t quite make their claimed runtime, and high and turbo almost seemed to have swapped numbers. I appreciate that high and turbo come very close to their specified runtime, though. Mode A red charging LED underneath the lid comes on when you insert the torch and turns green when the torch is fully charged. I have the 6500K version which is measured at a slightly warmer 5855K without too much tint and a CRI of 65.Its output is rather unimpressive though and it’s a little on the large side for an AA or 14500 light. And I can’t help feeling the interface is unnecessarily complex. If Skilhunt could improve the output and perhaps use Anduril 2 firmware instead if they want a customisable torch, I think they could be onto a winner. Thrunite T1S There’s also the enthusiast’s favourite the Emisar D4V2 which you can configure however you like – front LEDs, switch LED, body colour etc. Turbo output from Emisar D4V2 (3 x domed Nichia 519A 4500K emitters 3800 lm) Control of the Wurkkos WK03 flashlight is performed through a single e-switch. This is a soft switch and has an indication function in the center.w

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment