276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Happiness Is an Inside Job: Practicing for a Joyful Life

£6.74£13.48Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Meaning: Happy people don’t try to control what happens around them. They just relax, accept, and do their best to enjoy what’s in front of them. Sylvia Boorstein knows happiness and she knows how we can all, big and small, crazy or not so, can get there. It's simple practices, really, but practices that are all deeply grounded in habits developed over hundreds of years. What are they? Thinking kindly about others. Wise speech. Mindfulness.

Happiness - An Inside Job - LinkedIn Happiness - An Inside Job - LinkedIn

Remember: Don’t care about what other people think and what society advocates. Let that go and lead YOUR life.According to ‘ Authentic Happiness’, discovering authentic happiness can lead to new, sustainable joy, meaning, and contentment in aspects of life such as work, relationships, and parenting. This book, described as groundbreaking, heart-lifting and extremely useful, explains that happiness can be learned, or, in other words ‘cultivated’. Happiness is a psychological state of amusing emotions. It is an inside job. It relies on what you think. Why do I say that? When I was willing to sit in the despair of my lost love, when I was willing to face the truth that I had become numb from feeling, and when I did the difficult work of healing I came out the other side. Sometimes I felt lighter, but always with a deeper understanding of who I am. 4. It has nothing to do with whether or not people like you.
Doesn’t it feel great when people like you? It’s like the high school experience I always dreamed of. As I got older and more comfortable with myself, I seemed to attract amazing people into my life. I loved them and they loved me. Meaning: Nothing external can make you happy forever. Happiness is a mindset, a direction. It’s not a place or a milestone.

Happiness Is an Inside Job by Sylvia Boorstein, Ph.D

She suggests that happiness is found by being kind – not only to our friends, family, and colleagues, but also towards ourselves, others who we don’t know well, and even people we don’t really like! How does the Dalai Lama suggest we find happiness? Well, he advises readers to pay attention to the things that make us happy and to eliminate the things that make us suffer. Further, by achieving peace of mind in this way, the Dalai Lama says this means we can move away from material goods and to seek contentment and an inner sense of worth.The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature. Heir to your own karma doesn't mean 'You get what you deserve.' I think it means 'You get what you get.' Bad things happen to good people. My happiness depending on my action means, to me, that it depends on my action of choosing compassion--for myself as well as for everyone else--rather than contention. [p.61]” This book ties in up-to-the-minute science along with classical philosophy and real-world applicability. Rubin’s book has been described as a compelling, completely related tale of transformation. But the other thing I just couldn’t get past was the overwhelming whiteness of this book. And when I say whiteness, what I mean is a real blindness to factors in one’s own life that give them a leg up. An example: she tells a story about going to Kripalu with her daughter, and how being in such a loving, joyous, gratitude-forward environment made them feel love, joy, and gratitude; so much so that they almost hugged their cab driver at the airport. Which is lovely. “But Sylvia,” I wanted to say, “you’re a meditation instructor, and a white boomer woman. You are Kripalu’s target demographic. Of *course* you feel welcome there.” When I go there, I feel welcome, too.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment