276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ABBA at 50

£15£30.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I caught up with Carl Magnus, who has also co-produced a number of television programmes about the band, contributed to his beloved home city’s ABBA The Museum, and worked as a consultant to Polar Music in their ABBA reissues project, earlier this week, and he suggested life was pretty good on the other side of the North Sea. He presents them honestly as fallible people who have gone through extraordinary things in their lives.

But the 1990s ushered in a new wave of ABBA appreciation, and their music found favor again in modern popular culture. This managed to be both a trip down memory lane as well as an introduction to music I missed the first time around.Yeah, I have, I mean it’s mostly just a matter of typing it out and finding the right tone for that book. The balance of "ABBA at 50" delivered as a somewhat generic coffee-table book, made me long for a higher quality, distinctive experience from other Magnus Palm books or to simply revisit the most recent ABBA Voyage showbook interviews for the ultimate artist recap.

In addition to revisiting the ABBA songs I also looked up and listened to many songs by artists I was barely or even unfamiliar with (mostly from their very early days before even becoming ABBA), and that was a lot of fun. But I don’t think I’ve properly encountered a telephone attached that way since the days my Mum would take herself off to the hall, perching at the bottom of the stairs while chatting to friends and family.Beautifully illustrated with essential images, it examines the group’s enduring legacy and much-loved musical repertoire of perfectly crafted pop. The book is also full of fantastic photographs of the quartet - from their lives before ABBA, during and after. I remember 30 years ago when people said to me, when I was working on my first book, ‘You better hurry up, before the ABBA revival dies down. The biggest reason for the ABBA fan to read this book, however, are the pictures; the wonderful pictures public and private.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment