276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dragonlance: Dragons of Deceit: (Dungeons & Dragons) (Dragonlance Destinies, 1)

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The main story line follows Destina, the daughter of a Solamnic knight, living in the days prior to the famous battle at the High Clerist’s Tower that veterans of the original series will remember with mixed emotions.

REVIEW: Dragons of Deceit by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Either way, I think Weis and Hickman are rejigging the setting once again, so that all (most) of the Heroes of the Lance are alive and actually heroes post-War of the Lance. I'm still partial to the late 1980s-early 1990s Larry Elmore covers and Jeffrey Butler's interior chapter page illustrations for the early printings, but the Ulrich cover recoups the art of Chronicles and Legends to a certain extent. Fin da subito si percepisce che si tratta del primo libro di una saga per cui la prima metà è molto introduttiva e mi ha messa un po’ in difficoltà. There's even a nod to this when the Hand of Vecna is sold to some gullible Black Robe mages with instructions to chop parts off themselves. La cosa che mi ha colpita di più è la scrittura, anche se all’inizio si fatica un po’ a prendere il via, dopo inizia ad essere scorrevole.After a series of unfortunate events result in Destina losing her father, castle, fiance, and self-respect, she proceeds to hatch upon a plan to use the Device of Time Journeying to save her father from death at the High Clerist's Tower. If the Graygem is in the Temple of the Dark Queen and the Theiwar realize they have it, they could use it to wage war on us. Despite the constant recitations of the ‘pebble in a river’ thing, this so disbelievingly, eye-wateringly huge that it completely destroyed the credibility of the set-up. First, she'll need two powerful artifacts, and the journey to acquire them takes her all across Krynn on an epic adventure that could very well alter the course of time forever.

REVIEW: Dragons of Deceit: Dragonlance Destinies: Volume 1 - CBR

First and biggest problem (aside from how badly it's written) - how are Destina and everyone she meets SO BLINDINGLY FUCKING STUPID as to believe that taking a notedly dangerous, self-aware Chaos gem back in TIME will not make shit go immediately sideways? It was a series I can still remember the feeling as the images created by the text danced through my mind. If he does survive his fate, perhaps Destina's father steps into Sturm's role at the tower and dies (again). I understand that he was a major character previously, and that a lot of people like him, but his schtick is exhausting. Despite all of this doom and gloom I seem to be spewing, there is one small piece of hope that I still hold onto and is the single source of my ratings-bump: the last 50 pages of the book.There are a lot of things someone could say to me to which my likely response would be, “Yeah right. Honestly, I don’t know, but it’s heavily implied that the Second Cataclysm is something everyone wants to avert.

Dragons of Deceit: Dragonlance Destinies: Volume 1 - Google Play Dragons of Deceit: Dragonlance Destinies: Volume 1 - Google Play

The literary world is littered with examples that, intentional or not, are geared toward the audience in which I inhabit.Dragons of Deceit spends more time building its story than the breakneck pace of the original trilogy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment