276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bihar Diaries: The True Story of How Bihar's Most Dangerous Criminal Was Caught

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

November 2022). "नेटफ्लिक्स के खाकी स्टार IPS अफसर अमित लोढ़ा ने कैसे बिहार में सिंघम बनकर गैगस्टर्स का किया सफाया". ThePrint Hindi . Retrieved 26 November 2022. Ishaan Khatter, Mrunal Thakur starrer Pippa to release directly on Prime Video on November 10, watch trailer politics-behind-amit-lodha-controversy-netflix-khakee-the-bihar-chapter". india today . Retrieved 1 January 2023.

With the real representation of village life, strong dialogues and titular song “ Aiyana Humra Bihar Me” takes the strong writing of the book to a next level in the web series. As I began reading the book, it was more like a film script that brought about a deadly villain whose deadly horror had kept Bihar in its worst of conditions. Vijay Samrat – the criminal who had grown over the years into a crime hungry person pleased with the sight of blood. His heinous crime rate is in full swing when a the hero of the story, the IPS Office Amit Lodha is posted to Bihar. Neeraj Pandey, Netflix team up for crime series 'Khakee: The Bihar Chapter' ". The Hindu. 26 October 2022 – via www.thehindu.com. The book beautifully depicts the relationship of Amit Lodha with his family .His trust in her wife and how courageously single handedly she has raised the child as Amit has not given much time for the family because of his dedication to caught the most wanted criminal of Bihar.Samant cruelity came in limelight as one of the most brutal massacre at Aspadh Vilalge, Nawada which had taken place on 11 June 2000.They have suddenly arrived and started firing on the family of the independent MLA Aruna Devi, Wife of Akhilesh Singh Samant’s arch enemy. Very well made. Bihar of 90s and 2000s was a unique place - mafia, politicians and police often coalesced in each others territory. Some Criminals were hailed as robinhoods while at times police hardly put up any resistance to criminals and extortionists. What is actually done extremely well is the screenplay and performance and also, the story telling . It's extremely engaging, so much so that you can easily binge watch this series in a day. As a memoir, 'Bihar Diaries' shines - Amit Lodha talks about his motivations as a cop, investigation techniques, his punishment postings, and how even servicemen in the hallowed IPS wonder 'what if?' about the alternate (private-sector) trajectories their lives could take. As a thriller, while engaging and fast-paced, it does not give you a huge pay off, given that things in real life sometimes do tie up a little too simply in the end. A light read with intriguing writing style and funny random moments. The focus is on the police department with political influences and average characters carrying about the story!

A few days after I finished reading this story, a YouTube channel that I follow uploaded a video essay titled “Do We Need Villains ? | Police Edition “. Taking two South Indian movies namely Action Hero Biju (a Malayalam movie) and Theeran : Adhigaram Ondru ( a Tamil movie), the essay explored the formulaic elements of a vast majority of Police movies in India (and specifically South India). Barring a few exceptions, most of the said movies will have a brave, muscular, upright and idealistic man as a cop who wreaks havoc on the evil elements of society. There will also be a big baddy in the offing who will ultimately meet his maker at the hands of the cop. But, not many know that before Neeraj Pandey, actor Irrfan had expressed interest in making this film. “Irrfan, too, met me over a dinner in Jaisalmer, when he came to shoot for a film. On being asked by his wife, I narrated 1-2 incidents from my Bihar days, and the next day the actor called me to say that he couldn’t sleep all night because he kept thinking about what I had told him, and asked me to send him the script so that he could make a film on it. He even sent me a contract over mail, but somehow the talks never materialised,” says Lodha, who had stopped over in Delhi on his way to Hyderabad. “I’m going to meet (Bahubali actor) Rana Daggubati; he sent me a message saying he read the book on a flight, and I believe he wants to make a Telugu version of this film,” Lodha adds. ODI World Cup: The traits that make Rohit Sharma the captain, and how he differs from his predecessors Kohli and Dhoni

Lodha's first brush with fame came after the "Gabbar Singh of Sheikhpura" case came to light. He pursued the notorious Mahto gang (Pintu Mahto, Ashok Mahto), which was accused of various crimes, including the murder of 15 people and breaking into prison after killing two police officers.

When Neeraj Pandey is the man behind this series (although director is different), how can one expect a bore fest? It's win yet again for him for showcasing a rather dated story in such a riveting manner. The series very nicely captures Bihar. Every bihari or Jharkhandi is sure to call in love with this dialogue "Sir mai nahi . .hum boliye ....isme pyaar hota h". Lots of caste issues also brought up and how caste wars also took place in those days. The series makes sure that the good and the bad person are of equal strength so that the face offs are exciting. When Meeta Devi says, “Sir thoda IPC hum bhi jante hain, bahut vetran criminal ki wife hain,” it drives straight home. It’s the Hindi diction that one falls in love with – main becomes hum for Amit Lodha as he tries to fit in a world starkly different from his; pleej (please) to phace (face), one enjoys the lilt of the language. It’s the mind games that the duo plays that keep one invested. Thought the series is shot in Jharkhand, cinematography by Hari Nair shows a world with ponds, forests and rural life giving it a real touch. Chase sequences by action director Abbas Ali Moghul are shot realistically, lending an authentic touch to the series. Acclaimed Filmmaker Neeraj Pandey Makes Netflix Debut with Gripping Cop Drama 'Khakee: The Bihar Chapter' ". About Netflix. Jha, Lata (1 November 2022). "Netflix announces new India original 'Khakee: The Bihar Chapter' ". mint.Bureau, The Hindu (4 November 2022). " 'Khakee: The Bihar Chapter': Netflix releases riveting trailer of series on IPS Amit Lodha". The Hindu– via www.thehindu.com. Couple of sore points - showing the female telecom company manager frequently was incongruous and also felt somewhat gratuitous. Her character felt like forcibly inserted in the script just to provide eye-candy. She was made to wear low-waist saree and shown repeatedly; which was unnecessary. Also the way that the crafty Chandan Mahto fell into Amit Lodha's trap in the end felt too easy. Another plot-hole (and a major one at that) is how the cops managed to record Chawanprash's wife professing her love to Chandan? Without making Chawanprash listen to that recording, it would have been impossible to convince him to testify against Chandan. Khakee:the bihar chapter is an action crime drama show directed by bhav dhulia. Its total duration is 6 hrs. This show has the minimum nuance which was evident from the trailer itself. But the mass is incorporated so well with class that you cannot help admiring it. For example, the character of ashutosh rana, while calling everyone 'babu', maintains his seniority alongside. Anup soni plays an honest, dutiful officer with ease. Abhimanyu singh, jatin sarna, nikita dutta, etc do their job fittingly. The writing is so good that a character which is last seen in the 3rd episode will sketch its arc onto your heart. And this was possible only because ravi kishan played it. He brings such a calm madness into every role. Its unreal!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment