276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Missing: A totally addictive psychological thriller with a shocking twist

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am enquiring about being able to read KL Slaters books. The reason for this is I am Dsylexic and need large print and my health is causing issues with my eyes hence why I am trying to get large print. This is the fourth book I have read by this author. I have previously read 'The Girl She Wanted', 'The Widow' and 'The Marriage' which I highly recommend. There are lots of books about people and children who are missing out there and so I wondered what would make this one different, I cant say 🤗 except to say there is an interesting take on the subject and some big twists and turns and a few red herrigs thrown in along the way Ronnie has always been extremely solicitous of Rose's family, and Rose reciprocates by looking in on her housebound neighbor and doing his grocery shopping.

Missing by K L Slater - Fantastic Fiction

Now I’m no big believer in coincidences…and neither is Josie. So when her daughter goes missing shortly after Samuels release…well I think we all know who to point the finger at. Don’t we? I received a copy of this book from Bookouture and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thanks to them!

I was introduced to K.L Slater with her novel, “Liar”. Although I was a huge fan of “Liar”, I am an even bigger fan of “The Mistake”. Rose Tinsley, who's lived in Newstead all her life, is the librarian at the Newstead Library - one of the smallest in Nottinghamshire County. I wanted the final twist of identity and motive of perp to be more connected to the main plot line. I could easily know who were not the perps. But was it too early to allow a nine year old girl to walk just a short distance down to her friends house?

Finding Grace by K.L. Slater | Goodreads Finding Grace by K.L. Slater | Goodreads

A non-stop plot, this story was next to impossible to put down. It pulled me in from the start, and I was immediately cheering for Rose, praying that Gareth would get his just desserts, and hoping for justice for young Billy. Even the ending was unpredictable- just when I thought I had it figured out, another twist would blow my assumption out of the water. It ended so fabulously, I practically cheered. Before graduating in 2012, she gained literary agent representation and a book deal. As Kim says, ‘it was a fairytale … at the end of a very long road!’ I turn on my baby girl’s unicorn nightlight and bury my face in her pillow, my heart breaking. I know Samuel has her – he blames me for ruining his life, and even after all this time, he still doesn’t like to share. Samuel Barlow, the next-door neighbor, had been charged and was serving time in prison. Samuel’s mum, Maggie had lied to the police to cover for her son after murder of the schoolboy, But Lucie harbours a terrible secret of her own. One that she has never shared with anyone, even Blake …Her father watched her go. The girls father the other end watched her arrive. Both doing this secretly Josie’s life wasn’t the same after her younger brother went missing, only to be found dead days later. A neighbor Samuel, a few years older was tried and convicted for the murder. Many years ago Josie’s young brother is killed by a the son of a family friend. Now 26 years later she learns that he has just go out of prison. When Josie’s young daughter goes missing a few days later she is convinced that this man has taken her daughter. What starts as a joke turns into a nightmare, when Grace goes missing midway. Despite the best efforts of the police, Grace seems to have vanished into thin air. Soon Lucie discovers that Grace’s disappearance is more sinister than it looks and to find her, she has to face her long buried past.

Missing | K. L. Slater | 9781803142418 | NetGalley Missing | K. L. Slater | 9781803142418 | NetGalley

Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own. Sixteen years on, Rose still blames herself for Billy’s death. How could she have failed to protect her little brother? There was a lot of dialogue in this book, much of which didn't add any value. There were a few loose ends, unresolved that I, personally, would have liked to have seen explained. For one, the deaths of her parents. The fact that they are dead is mentioned several times. So that I began to think that it must be important in some way, to the story. But, nothing. Grace is only 34. Her parents were not old. What are the chances that both parents would be dead of natural causes? And the threatened closure of the library where Rose worked....a lot was made of this issue, but we never learn the outcome. It is probably not important, but damn it, I WANT TO KNOW! Up until the end, it was all pretty predictable. Sixteen years ago, Rose’s eight-year-old brother Billy went missing. His body was found two days later. After all this time, Rose still blames herself for his death and her failure to protect him. Someone was ultimately convicted of Billy’s murder but was it the right person? Rose thought she knew the truth but when she finds something in her neighbour’s house, doubts creep in and her world is turned upside down once again.

Samuel lived next door when we were children. We were inseparable. But he didn’t like sharing me with my adored little brother. And one terrible night, he got rid of my brother forever… That news puts Josie on red alert; after all, her daughter with ex-husband Terry is Jimmy's age when he died and Samuel once had a "thing" for Josie. If that weren't enough, his mother Maggie seems to be stalking her. But balancing her need to be extra-watchful of Ivy and keep an eagle eye on her fledgling business, Delicious Desserts, proves almost impossible, even with friend Fiona there to be Ivy's caregiver when needed - which these days, is a good bit of the time. By the time the inevitable happens - Ivy does indeed go missing - just about every character is a suspect. Josie, though, has no doubt whatsoever: the culprit is the same man who murdered her little brother.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment