276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Corfu Trilogy

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall the book is very well written it terms of composition and structure. The descriptions of Corfu and daily life made everything come to life - you could see, hear, and taste what was going on. The vignettes about the family were funny and human. One could see any of us in that situation either tearing our hair out and giving up, or else rolling with reality and enjoying life. I seem to be in a minority of readers who didn't rate this book very highly. I found myself ambivalent about the story as I was reading. I wanted to like it better than I did.

The Corfu Trilogy: My Family and Other Animals; Birds, Beasts The Corfu Trilogy: My Family and Other Animals; Birds, Beasts

The Gerald Durrell Memorial Funds, launched in 1996, are granted in the field of conservation by the Wildlife Trust every year. BARB – Weekly Top 10 Programmes (w/e 3rd April 2016)". Broadcasters' Audience Research Board . Retrieved 11 April 2016.A visit from some priggish relatives seems to deem the family's immigration to Corfu more temporary than first thought. Louisa's aunt's insistences that they return to England is made more demanding by the revelation of her relationship with Sven. Larry is despondent at the rejection of his novel by publishers. When he subdues himself into a life of labour, he discovers his ineptness. Margo tries to balance her devotion to the Countess with her growing adoration for the Countess's gardener. Gerry's plans to embark into the world of conservation are thrown into disarray by his attempts to feed his adopted baby owls.

of the Gods: Gerald Durrell (The Corfu Trilogy) The Garden of the Gods: Gerald Durrell (The Corfu Trilogy)

Whether it's lamp fishing by night or roving the countryside with his mentor Theodore, Gerry encounters intoxicated hedgehogs, tarantulas, dung beetles, water spiders and other animals, some of which become the family's very unwanted pets.A delightful book full of simple, well-known things: cicadas in the olive groves, lamp fishing at night, the complexities of fish and animals - but, above all, childhood moulded by these things ' New York Times Read more Details

The Corfu Trilogy by Gerald Durrell | Goodreads

A memorial celebrating Durrell's life and work was held at the Natural History Museum in London on 28 June 1995. Participants included personal friends such as David Attenborough and Princess Anne.

Recounted with immense humour and charm My Family and Other Animals is a wonderful account of a rare, magical childhood. Tamén hai multitude de anécdotas divertidas, tanto protagonizadas pola familia, os diversos convidados na súa casa coma os amigos que foron facendo, con especial protagonismo de Lugaretzia, Spiro e o doutor Teodoro Stefanides. É imposible que algunha delas non che saque un sorriso.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment