276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kenwood BM350 Stainless Steel Breadmaker

£49.995£99.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

com Limited, registered in England and Wales with number 03934849, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX, United Kingdom. The issues I have experienced with this include the fact that the bread always collapses and there is always a hole at the bottom of the bread as the mechanism can not be removed. The kneading blade got stuck in the loaf, but this didn’t seem like it would be a perennial problem.

My Kenwood totally different story - I like wholemeal with lots of seeds in it and the bread from the Kenwood is wonderful (I use 4/10 wholemeal and 1/10 white which does it for me. Programme times: white 3hr 15s and wholewheat 4hr 35s based on large loaf size and medium crust colour. On the plus side, the bread does come out of the tin easily, and so far we think the tin has stayed in place in the machine when it was put in properly (some people have had problems with this), although you have to take care putting it in. I would have given 5 stars but the bread pan did not fit in position correctly,and the cause was the pan was distorted where it clips into the main body. Unfortunately after half a dozen (perfect) loaves the bread pan started coming loose during kneading.Having read all the reviews on the Kenwood 250 breadmaker I am beginning to wonder if we are all talking about the same machine. Seem like a design fault to me, the bread pan is very flimsy and I guess it gets knocked out of shape during kneading. Unlike its little brother, the Kenwood BM250 has a delay timer which allows you to delay the bread making process by up to 15 hours.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this breadmaker as it's quite cheap but have been over the moon with the results. I wasn’t able to get it produce a decent wholemeal loaf however, so look elsewhere if you need more fibre in your bread. Wait till the yeast has bubbles on the surface of the water, only then you put into the breadmaker with the rest of the recipe.

Wholemeal bread, though, seems to bake better on the '1' cycle rather than the recommended '3' but with a higher content of white flour. Also haven't quite got to grips with the 1 hour fast bake as the books recipe is for a 1kg loaf but the fast bake puts it on 750g so the bread needs 'finishing off' in the oven. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

I can't see that I have repositioned the pan differently to the previous occasions but it just went through what seems to be the final stage of kneading without it popping out so, fingers crossed, but, and it's a shame, it now seems to me that leaving it to run without supervision is taking a "bit" of a chance. My previous breadmaker (other brand) didn't produce bread as dense as kenwood does and i found the reason as well.Secondly every ingredient should be in a room temperature and the margarine or butter u use should be soft and not runny. Measuring cup and measuring spoon Programmes:basic, wholewheat, sweet, French, sandwich, dough, cake, jam. The yeast is exhausted by the time baking begins and the top of the bread just flattens quite a lot. There are big buttons to select the recipe, crust darkness and the size of loaf you want to bake, as well as plus and minus keys to set the baking delay for when you want to prepare a loaf the night before and have it fresh in the morning. Choose between large, medium or small loaves (500 g, 750 gram or 1 kg) depending on your individual needs.

The breadmaker comes with accessories including a larger-than-average measuring cup and an unusual adjustable spoon: slide the plastic inner to measure half or whole teaspoons and tablespoons of ingredients. These recipes cannot be correct- adding together the weight of water and flour gives a total weight of more than the final weight of the loaf.I bought the breadmaker because I had been told that my cholesterol level was too high, so I wanted to keep an eye on the type of fat I ate. The BM450 Bread Maker blends striking contemporary design with intuitive, touch-sensitive controls to create a sophisticated, easy to use bread maker that's perfect for keen bakers and bread lovers. We've now bought our daughter a Panasonic which has 5-star reviews, and we've inherited the Kenwood. These comments aside, it does make great loaves and in the past year, we must have bought 3~4 ready made loaves at the most.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment