276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Baba Roots Jamaican Tonic Wine 24x142ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Made from 100 percent natural ingredients, this Baba Roots Herbal Drink gives you the energy and boost you need to take on your day. Home-made roots drinks/tonics have been a part of the Jamaican tradition for a long time. The formulas for these roots/tonics are usually handed down by older members of the family or community members. This powerful, traditional herbal tonic helps to stimulate your nerves, cells and organs, helps improve circulation, alleviate pain and many other benefits. Betton, a former head of the local Red Cross, further warns that "there are some hazy things that need to be cleared up" about roots. Lou YG, Du MH, Turlings TCJ, Cheng JA, Shan WF (2005) Exogenous application of jasmonic acid induces volatile emissions in rice and enhances parasitism of Nilaparvata lugens eggs by the parasitoid Anagrus nilaparvatae. J Chem Ecol 31:1985–2002 Wu CC, Singh P, Chen MC, Zimmerli L (2010) l-glutamine inhibits beta-aminobutyric acid-induced stress resistance and priming in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot 61:995–1002

Stark JD, Vargas R, Banks JE (2007) Incorporating ecologically relevant measures of pesticide effect for estimating the compatibility of pesticides and biocontrol agents. J Econ Entomol 100:1027–1032 Owen Lewis, a taxi operator in the western resort city of Montego Bay, insists that he gets a "good night's rest" after a drink of roots tonic. "It mek me feel calm. Mi used to wake up at 5:00 am and feel tired. But mi drink it last night and mi nuh feel tired this morning (despite having risen at the same time). It mek me feel rested," Lewis adds. Cohen Y, Gisi U (1994) Systemic translocation of 14C-DL-β-aminobutyric acid in tomato plants in relation to induced resistance against Phytophthora infestans. Phys Mol Plant Pathol 45:441–456 Sarfraz M, Dosdall LM, Keddie BA (2009b) Host plant quality affects the performance of the parasitoid Diadegma insulare. Biol Control 51:34–41 Interior decorator Gary Bell agrees: "It keeps the nerves calm," he attests. "To me, it's a nerves roots and that's the reason I drink it. People have differing views on it. For me, it's just for the nerves."The herb saw palmetto has been used over many years for boosting sexual health in men and it has also been used to treat impotence which is a major concern in fertility. Baba Roots is a herbal drink popular among young people in Jamaica. The drink was founded by entrepreneur William Webb. The manufacturer sponsors events featuring dancehall music, and several deejays have promoted the drink. It is popularly believed in Jamaica that herbal drinks like Baba Roots promote good health and stimulate sexual performance, although the effects of the ingredients have not been fully studied. Anthony Clarke, 42, acrobat from Port Maria, says he started drinking roots tonic when he was about 15 years old "just out of sheer curiosity, because I heard people talking about what it does for the body". He now claims "the roots strengthen my body and also enhances my sex life. In other words, roots put the lead in your pencil! I must point out, too, that roots is good for many things and not only do I drink it for sheer pleasure, but also to calm the nerves". Seeds of tomato ( Solanum lycopersicum L., cv. Money Maker), were germinated in a peat-based compost mixture (Levingtons M3) and cultivated in a heated, passively ventilated glasshouse (min 18 ± 2°C, max 25 ± 3°C) with supplementary lighting (Osram Greenpower 600 W high pressure sodium lamps) to a minimum 250 ± 25 μmol.m –2.s –1 PAR at the canopy. A minimum 16-h photoperiod was maintained. Seven-day-old seedlings were root-drenched with a volume of 5 mM BABA equivalent to one tenth of the volume of the compost growing medium to achieve a final concentration of 0.5 mM BABA around the root system, as previously described ( Luna et al., 2016). One week later, seedlings were gently removed from the compost, their root systems rinsed in water and then re-potted to new compost without BABA. Control plants were similarly treated but given a water root drench rather than BABA. After re-potting, plants were returned to the greenhouse. Whole Genome DNA Methylation Analysis Ahuja I, Rohloff J, Bones AM (2010) Defence mechanisms of Brassicaceae: implications for plant-insect interactions and potential for integrated pest management. Agron Sustain Dev 30:311–348

Conrath U, Thulke O, Katz V, Schwindling S, Kohler A (2001) Priming as a mechanism in induced systemic resistance of plants. Eur J Plant Pathol 107:113–119 Induced resistance (IR) responses mounted by plants to improve their ability to withstand environmental stress are becoming increasingly recognised as potential targets for crop protection systems. The ability to enhance natural biotic stress resistance mechanisms could make an important contribution to integrated pest and disease management systems aimed at reducing reliance on synthetic pesticides in agriculture ( Stenberg, 2017). In turn, by reducing chemical inputs whilst at the same time maximising outputs, integrated pest and disease management systems will play a critical role in future sustainable agricultural strategies ( Pretty, 2018). However, with science now coming to terms with traditional beliefs of the healing abilities of roots and herbs, a new global market known as nutriceutical market is steadily gaining momentum.Fiedler AK, Landis DA, Wratten SD (2008) Maximizing ecosystem services from conservation biological control: the role of habitat management. Biol Control 45:254–271 Heil M, Baldwin IT (2002) Fitness costs of induced resistance: emerging experimental support for a slippery concept. Trends Plant Sci 7:61–67 Contains Chainy Root- an outstanding source of iron thus increasing blood count and reducing anaemia Cai QN, Ma XM, Zhao X, Cao YZ, Yang XQ (2009) Effects of host plant resistance on insect pests and its parasitoid: a case of study of wheat-aphid-parasitoid system. Biol Control 49:134–138

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment