276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chase the Lion: If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It's Too Small

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mark’s books have inspired me and helped me to inspire our team. Straight from God’s Word, Chase the Lion is a great message for any team and for people in every walk of life.” Benaiah walks away from the pit while moviegoers breathe a sigh ofrelief. But Benaiah isn’t walking away; he’s getting a running start. The audience gasps as Benaiah turns around and takes a flying leap of faith, disappearing into the darkness. A deafening roar echoes off the walls of the cavernous pit, followed by a bloodcurdling battle cry.

This is a wake-up call to stop living as if the purpose of life was to simply arrive safely at death. Our dreams should scare us. They should be so big that without God they would be impossible to achieve. Quit running away from what you’re afraid of. Based upon 2 Samuel 23, Chase the Lion tells the true story of an ancient warrior named Benaiah who chased a lion into a pit on a snowy day - and then killed it. For most people, that situation wouldn’t just be a problem...it would be the last problem they ever faced. For Benaiah, it was an opportunity to step into his destiny. After defeating the lion, he landed his dream job as King David’s bodyguard and eventually became commander-in-chief of Israel’s army under King Solomon. Stay tuned to watch Trevis play his final year of college football @ https://uncbears.com/sports/football/schedule/2022 Our destiny is more intricately interwoven with others than any of us realize. The goal of Chase the Lion isn’t simply to help you discover your dream. The best way to discover your dream is to help other people accom- plish theirs! That’s what the mighty men did, and in so doing, their lives surpassed their wildest dreams. If you find yourself in a pit with a lion on a snowy day, you’ve got a problem. Probably the last problem you’ll ever have! But you’ve got to admit, “I killed a lion in a pit on a snowy day” looks awfully impressive on your résumé, es- pecially if you’re applying for a bodyguard position with the king of Israel.Mark Batterson’s writing has had a profound impact on my life, both personally and professionally. Join me in accepting Mark’s challenge to pursue a dream so big that only God can turn it into a reality. Life is better when you’re chasing lions!” When the image of a man-eating beast travels through the optic nerve and into the visual cortex, the brain sends the body a simple but urgent message: Run away! That’s what normal people do, but not lion chasers. Rather than seeing a 500-pound problem, they see an opportunity for God to show up and show his power. Chase the Lion is more than a catch phrase; it’s a radically different approach to life. It’s only when we stop fearing failure that we can fully seize opportunity by the mane. With grit and gusto, New York Times best-selling author Mark Batterson delivers a bold message to everyone with a big dream. This is a wake-up call to stop living as if the purpose of life was to simply arrive safely at death. Our dreams should scare us. They should be so big that without God they would be impossible to achieve. Quit running away from what you’re afraid of. I have a theory: your favorite scripture will become the script of your life. I take my cues from 2 Samuel 23:20. That script underscores who I want to be, what I want out of life, and what I believe about God. Chase the lion is more than a nice catch phrase; it’s the metanarrative of my life.

In this highly anticipated sequel to his best-selling In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, Mark Batterson invites lion chasers everywhere to chase dreams so impossible that victory demands we face our fears, defy the odds, and hold tight to God. These are the kind of dreams that will make you a bigger person and the world a better place. In the wild, man versus lion scripts the same way every time. Man runs; lion chases; king of the beasts eats manwich for lunch. But Benaiah flips the script. That’s what courage does! I don’t know if it was the look in his eye or the spear in his hand, but the lion turns tail and Benaiah gives chase. Written in a way that both challenges and encourages, this revolutionary book will help unleash the faith and courage you need to identify, chase, and catch the five-hundred-pound dreams in your life. Chase the Lion is more than a catch phrase; it’s a radically different approach to life. It’s only when we stop fearing failure that we can fully seize opportunity by the mane. With grit and gusto, New York Times best-selling author Mark Batterson delivers a bold message to everyone with a big dream.Most of us spend our lives running away from the things we’re afraid of. We forfeit our dreams on the altar of fear. Or we chase after the wrongthings. We’re so busy climbing the ladder of success that we fail to realize it’s leaning against the wrong wall. Most people believe God is real, but few people actually live like it. The re- sult is a widening gap between their theology and their reality. They allow their circumstances to get between them and God instead of letting God get between them and their circumstances. Lion chasers measure every- thing against almighty God, including five-hundred-pound lions. That’s the difference between being a scaredy-cat and a lion chaser. Mark Batterson reminds us to trust in the powerful truth that with God we don’t have to let our thinking be limited. By obeying Him, we let our growing faith push us to dream big and lean in ever closer to Him without fear or hesitation. It’s time to trust in our God, who allows us to accomplish things that seem bigger than we could ever imagine!” At the end of our lives, our greatest regrets will be the God-ordained opportunities we left on the table, the God-given passions we didn’t pursue, and the God-sized dreams we didn’t go after because we let fear dictate our decisions.

Mark Batterson is an outstanding voice among the emerging generation of pastors in the US. He has much wisdom to offer anyone who wants to draw closer to Jesus, combining brilliantly the vision and clarity of a pioneer with the warmth and kindness of a pastor.” Thank you for listening! Please reach out if you need prayer, want to talk, or have questions about ANYTHING! GOD BLESS YALL! Pastor Mark has done it again! This is a must-read for anyone who has ever felt discouraged or disappointed. Chase the Lion not only helped me take a fresh look at my life’s purpose, but it also gave me the renewed energy to dream big and work hard. Pastor Mark is truly gifted at making God’s Word accessible and encouraging.” We seek out community in everything we do—and our dreams should be no different. In Chase the Lion, Batterson reminds us to come together, share our dreams, and chase after them. And in doing so, we become not only dream chasers but dream catchers for the others in our pride.” In the prequel to this book, I focused exclusively on King David’s body- guard, Benaiah. Chase the Lion is the rest of the story. Like Washington’s inner circle or Lincoln’s team of rivals, David’s thirty-seven mighty men rank as a most remarkable band of brothers. They were insanely coura- geous, fiercely loyal. Their exploits would be unbelievable if they weren’t recorded in Scripture. And without them, David’s dream of becoming king would have died a fugitive’s death.In every dream journey there comes a moment when you have to quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. You have to go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. When I was nineteen years old, I heard a sermon that would change the trajectory of my life. Sam Farina preached about a man named Benaiah, who chased a lion into a pit on a snowy day. I had never heard the story, and I could barely believe it was in the Bible. But a thought fired across my syn- apses: If I ever write a book, I’ d like to write a book about that verse. That was the genesis of a dream titled In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day. Chase the Lion is more than a catch phrase; it’s a radically different approach to life. It’s only when we stop fearing failure that we can fully seize opportunity by the mane. With grit and gusto, New York Times best-selling author Mark Batterson delivers a bold message to everyone with a big dream.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment