276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fluval Edge Replacement Filter & Pump A595B

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

All parcels require a signature upon delivery, meaning that our courier is unable to leave an item without a signature. You could remove the filter altogether, if you have some live plants, and the fish would be fine. Not that I'm recommending this, just making the point that filters are not the cure-all. Bacteria live on every surface covered by water, and this includes every grain of sand/gravel in the substrate. And in a healthy aquarium, there will be far more bacteria (of all sorts of species, not just nitrifying) in the substrate than in any filter. Do you know the GH and pH? The GH of your source (tap) water is fine, it will not change much if at all in the aquarium. Guppies need moderately hard water, while the cories are softer water. There can be some slight overlap, depending upon the numbers and species. GH is more important than pH to fish. In my view the 46L should come with this Filter as standard, it is much better suited to the deep tank than the AC20. Add the AC50 impeller and you have a perfect filtration system. I literally couldn't be happier. Keeping the contemporary design me and my wife wanted while improving the efficiency. My tank is always clean, my water parameters are spot on and my fish seem healthy and happy. There is one slight alteration you will need to make unfortunately, and that is the light. Once the new filter is in place, the touch switch makes the lid sit out-of-place, so you have to move it completely if you want it to sit flush. I didn't want to void warranty, so just dumped it in the rear box of the unit and fitted a smart plug to manage the light coming on and off. This will limit you to just the day light coming on and off, but I dont use the night light anyway. Live plants factor in, especially fast growing species and floating plants are top dog here. You should be able to omit the filter altogether from the aspect of biological filtration; a biologically balanced aquarium needs no filter for this. The only use for a filter is to move the water to some degree, and that should depend upon the needs of the fish respecting current. Surface disturbance is also part of this.

I cannot answer the technical question about flow rate and impellers, but something else in your initial post caught my eye and I think it might be helpful to mention, and that has to do with increasing filtration capability with respect to bioload.I have included some pics of my modifying, hopefully this will help all those seeking an answer to the same issue. You will see I have also extended the intake pipe, which I also recommended for this tank, as the floor to top is quite big for a nano tank The filter here is also providing water clarity. So the foam/sponge material is the important media, not because of biological filtration so much as to provide clear water by removing suspended particulate matter which is mainly microscopic and can make water look a bit hazy. I use a single sponge filter on my 10g, and a dual sponge on my 20g and 29g tanks. This ensures crystal clear water, and a gentle water movement which suits the type of fish I keep. Floating plants do the real "filtration" task.

Fluval Edge is one of the most popular aquarium brands with an exciting range of aquariums and aquarium accessories for the contemporary fish keeper. These aquariums offer much to modern living and their clean, streamlined designs are synonymous with modern styles and décor tastes. These tanks will become the focal point of the room and the iconic designs provide the wow factor. Fish tanks make a space fresh and exciting and whilst children will love taking care of the fish, adults will appreciate the relaxing nature of a fish tank.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment