276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary X-Men Colossus & Juggernaut 2-Pack

£15.995£31.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The girls toy aisles aren't our regular ball park but we occasionally like to try something different to our norm. However, when this figure arrived a few days ago, it was instantly apparent that all of the small changes amounted to a big payoff in terms of what I personally consider to be “improvements. They seem sturdy enough to me that I’m not especially worried about that happening unless excessive force is used. This set is hitting now, so I would definitely recommend picking it up as soon as you see it, it’s the goods! With this Marvel Comics 80 th Anniversary Legends Series 2-pack, fans can add a piece of Super Hero history to their action figure collection.

There’s nothing groundbreaking here, as Hasbro didn’t have to do a whole lot to convert their regular Magneto to the AoA version, so it’s fair to say he’s one of the budget saving figures in this assortment. I know I mentioned that this is only Colossus’s second real spin in Hasbro ML, and while his first figure featured a very different costume, there is some reuse here, and it makes sense. There are no surprises in the articulation, although he does lack the swivels in the lower legs that we often see in the modern Legends line. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. I was a bit taken aback at first by the inclusion of a relatively minor Age of Apocalypse character like Kate Pryde at first, but it cannot be underestimated how important it is to the display factor to have both characters that should be displayed together (like Colossus and Shadowcat, Sabretooth and Wild Child, etc.

Hasbro even blesses us with a rare pair of alternate hands for a BAF, giving the choice to pose Age of Apocalypse Colossus with fists for bashing or Zangief-like grappling hands.

But if you have childhood memories of this dismal time, it’s probably a great wave of figures – except for that Cyclops thing they unleashed upon the world. Los pies de Colossus un poco extraños pero no desmerece el gran trabajo que hizo Hasbro con este par. His look, powers, and overall personality have always appealed to me, and some of his most pivotal stories throughout the years have been some of my favorite comic reads ever. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Overall: although I might have initially preferred a different character for the Wave 2 Marvel Legends Age of Apocalypse Build-A-Figure, ML AOA Colossus ends up being rather amazing.The red plastic is the same, and even the belt is lifted for this figure, albeit looking more purple than blue.

MARVEL COMICS-INSPIRED DESIGN: With premium deco inspired by the iconic X-Men comic issue in which Colossus and Juggernaut first clash, these figures make a great gift for fans of Marvel Entertainment. One of my most wanted Legends for years has been an update to an ICONIC Colossus, and this figure absolutely delivers in that aspect. These stay in place well and sit so tightly that my half-blind eyes didn’t even notice the belt wasn’t latched until I was done with the majority of the review photos. While you’ll need to purchase six of the seven figures in the series (sorry Magneto) to get all the pieces to build him, this is one of the BAFs I’ve most enjoyed in a long time.Since we’ve seen this body many times, there are no real surprises when it comes to articulation, so I won’t run through it all. Juggernaut is HUGE (about the size of AoA Apocalypse and Venom) and Colossus is comparable to the Avengers Endgame War Machine or the Fantastic Four The Thing figure. The first assortment had some heavy hitters and the amazing Sugar Man Build-A-Figure, so it’s going to be a tough act to follow.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment