276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Am Not A Gangster

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He has said that if he had not wanted to escape criminal life he would have used these techniques, such as building bombs or smuggling illicit goods. When I realised my mistake, I contacted this seller and asked if it was possible to have a refund because the book had not yet been dispatched. Cummines turned his life around in prison after a conversation with Charlie Richardson, who urged him to become educated and earn money without hurting anyone.

At 16, Bobby Cummines became one of the youngest people in Britain to be convicted of carrying a sawn-off shotgun. By bidding on, or purchasing this item, you are agreeing to us sharing your name and address details with that 3rd party supplier to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. If you ask, he'll tell you he was simply a businessman and it just so happened his business was that of a hitman, armed robber and fixer. He was told that if he pleaded guilty to the possession charge, he would only have to pay a 10 shilling fine, whereas if he chose to proceed to a trial, he would likely be convicted and sentenced to time in a borstal.How did this UK crime lord end up being feted by the rich and famous and be awarded an honour from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II? He quickly became a gangland leader and was convicted of a number of serious offences including manslaughter and bank robbery. This book was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish, and has now made me want to read up on the Richardson gang. Ernie worked with the police to entrap Cummines, telling him he had an Uzi sub-machine gun for sale, allowing multiple armed police to ambush and arrest him. Only this time his efforts saw him go from custody of Her Majesty's Prison Service to meeting with the Queen herself.

I first saw a random clip of Bobby Cummines being interviewed on social media, and was so captivated by his brief story, I just had to get his book.Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. Bobby was sent to prison for the first time in 1967, aged 16, and over the next decade he established himself as a hardened criminal running protection rackets and robberies against a backdrop of all-out gang warfare, where doorstep slayings and bloody shoot-outs were common. He described the moment he decided to get into crime, saying two of his friends were walking with him at a park when one accidentally set off a starting pistol.

Inside, he was introduced to the Open University and on his release he soon got down to business again. At 16, BOBBY CUMMINES became one of the youngest people in Britain to be convicted of carrying a sawn-off shotgun. This led authorities to designate him as a class "A" prisoner, causing him to be frequently moved from one prison to another. Despite being described as a gangster in media, Cummines has refused the label, saying he never considered himself one, instead stating he was a "businessman whose business was crime.The book was okay I would have liked to hear more about his life of crime rather than his work after his time in prison. Cummines said that with a criminal record, it was incredibly difficult to find another job, and so thought "if you're gonna make me a bad guy, I'll show you how bad I can be. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

Eventually Bobby was sentenced to 12 years in Britain’s most notorious prisons, along with the Krays, Charlie Richardson and the Yorkshire Ripper. Bobby was sent to prison for the first time in 1967, aged 16, and over the next decade he established himself as a ruthless hardened criminal through a succession of lucrative protection rackets and robberies. Only this time his efforts saw him go from custody of Her Majesty's Prison Service to coming face-to-face with the Queen herself.I Am Not A Gangster is an explosive account of life in the criminal underworld by one of Britain’s most dangerous men, but above all it’s a remarkable tale of redemption with the biggest turnaround in gangland history. He began writing poetry and got into contact with Labour MP Tony Benn who was willing to help him and contributed a foreword to his published poems, as well as changing rules so that the aim of prisons was stated to be to "rehabilitate and educate" rather than the free-for-all ethos that Cummines had experienced.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment