276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chanel No.5 Eau de Toilette - 100 ml

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Today Chanel 5 EDT is my second skin. Even more so the body lotion, which I often wear instead of the EDT. It stays with me for many hours and I feel happy in it.

Samples from my personal bottles: extrait de parfum (review mostly focused on 2007 version), Eau de Cologne (1970s), Eau de Toilette (review focused on 2009 version), Eau de Parfum (review focused on 2009 version.) CHANEL offers the following delivery options; Standard Delivery, Next Day Delivery, Nominated Weekday Day Delivery, Weekend Delivery. And in London; Same Day Delivery & Concierge Delivery. I loved others, my first being the original Victoria’s Secret (at 13) Lauren, Nina Ricci, but I could not imagine wearing Chanel #5, somewhat the expense, somewhat the idea of myself as not an adult.Star rating: 5 stars–outstanding/potential classic, 4 stars–very good, 3 stars–adequate, 2 stars–disappointing, 1 star–poor.

This was about a year ago, in the very very beginning of my perfumista journey (oh yes, I am a newbie). Along the way I discovered that I adore vintage Arpege and №22. Oh well, said I to myself, it is time to try №5 again, dear. So in a mall I filled up the sample vials with №5 EDT and Eau Premiere. When I tried them, I was in awe at how much I loved №5 EDT and how different it smelled from what I remember and used to wear. Someone told me that the formula have been tweaked some time in early 2000s or late nineties, so a reformulation has worked for me. Now, that’s a first. So, №5 EDT is on my list now. I love its tenderness. I won’t wear it as a suit of armor as I did with the my Mom’s bottle, it is a completely different story.

While the Eau de Toilette is my preferred version after the parfum, the Eau de Parfum created by Jacques Polges in 1986 is the modern twist on the iconic classic. If the parfum juxtaposes elegance with sensuality, and the Eau de Toilette underscores the luminosity and vivacious spirit, the Eau de Parfum exudes confidence and bold beauty. The creamy notes of peach lacing the rose, lily of the valley and jasmine heart are more prominent, while the smooth richness of the amplified sandalwood note replaces the musky darkness of the original. Instead, the Eau de Parfum is subtly colored by the darkness of leather and incense. It is less aldehydic than the Eau de Toilette, yet it is sharper. Overall, I find it more angular, in contrast to the polished smoothness of the original No 5.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment