276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Extendable Retractable Clothes Washing Line - Keep Garden Tidy - Attach to Wall Fence

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On the whole, power augers are great and can enable you to dig upwards of 25 post holes in a day in good soil conditions, but if there is any debris in the ground, this not too pleasant job can turn into a hellish nightmare! How to Dig a Fence Post Hole I will explain the laws regarding washlines with some advantages, disadvantages, and alternatives to them. I will also guide you through the process of finding and setting up your very own clothesline. “Right To Dry” States Before you start digging any fence post holes, first consider any potential dangers that may be in the ground. In many cases electric cables, water pipes, gas pipes and fibre cables are present below the ground and can easily be damaged by shovels and post hole diggers.

Advice for putting in a washing pole. — Digital Spy Advice for putting in a washing pole. — Digital Spy

Using your trenching shovel, start digging down and around the inside perimeter of the hole to loosen the soil. Loosen as much soil as you can. Given that this is such a compact line, with quite a large weight capacity, it does still offer good value for money, you just need to take care of it so that it will last. Nevertheless, it’s still inexpensive when compared to the premium Brabantia line.Like the Minky, the washing line is kept taut by wrapping it around the anchor point on the base of the unit, but also like the Minky, when fully extended (over 12m), the line can slip causing the washing to sag in the middle. One other very useful service is linesearchbeforeudig.co.uk that can supply utility asset information and help you identify where any utilities may be within the grounds of your property.

Fence? - Wezaggle Can My Neighbour Attach Something To My Fence? - Wezaggle

Offering excellent value for money, this ASAB Retractable Wall Mounted Washing Line strikes a good balance between size, quality and price. It is approximately 170 cm wide, threaded with 26 m of PVC-coated washing line, and could be fitted into a passageway down the side of the house, or in a narrow lobby area, to really keep it out the way. Technically you can dig a hole with a standard shovel, but the hole will always be as wide as the shovel itself and this may be too wide or too narrow, depending on the shovel. Reviewers from TheSpruce.com personally tested and provided a great list of the best washlines available this year (2021). Here is what they found and will best apply to putting up a washline on a fence. Cheaper, more readily available outdoor washlines can be found through Home Depot, Walmart, or even Dollar Tree. These retractable washing lines offer a large amount of hanging space. Whilst some units only have one spool inside, other models can have two. The length of the line will depend on the model, but it’s possible for each spool to hold approximately 15 metres of line. If there are two spools in one washing line unit (a dual retractable washing line), this will give around 30 metres of hanging space.Retractable washing lines are a great option for those who don’t want a washing line permanently strung across their garden. They can look a lot neater than other lines, and once retracted they often become virtually unnoticeable. If you have loamy, peaty, sandy or silty soil, this soil-type is fairly light and easy to work with and in turn fairly easy to dig through, but if you have a heavy soil such as clay or a chalky soil that’s full of stones, using a manual auger will be hard work. A good budget option if you’re just after a simple, retractable washing line, this Wilsons Direct Outdoor Wall Mounted Dryeris inexpensive and offers 26 metres of drying space.

7 Best Retractable Washing Lines (2023 Review UK) - DIY Garden

Below you’ll find information to help you find the best retractable washing line for your garden. Benefits of a Retractable Washing Line For small gardens, opt for the shortest length of line possible. Shorter retractable lines tend to come in a single, not a double, unit. This means the casing will be smaller overall and generally protrude less from the wall.The amount of drying space is usually measured in metres, and on top of this most washing lines will also have a weight capacity. If you are drying a lot of heavier items such as wet towels or jeans, you’ll need to pay more attention to the weight capacity. Dig your hole to the correct depth relevant to the size of the post you are using. To make sure you have the right sized hole for your fence post take a look at the table in our digging fence post holes project. Also, if you are creating a run of several fence posts then it is a good idea to mark your posts out using a plumb line to ensure that they all run in a straight line and that the face of each post is level with the post next to it The most obvious solution would be to build your fence or erect a post where you want to fix something. Other options to this issue are: They seemed to get the hint and invested in a clothes line but rather than buy a rotary line they just bought a cord and tied one end to the fence post that belonged to their house, pulled it diagonally across their garden and then tied the other end to the final post of our adjoining fence. They then pegged all their clothes onto it including their wet towels which obviously were very weighty. Some customers report that the lines can stretch under the weight of a full load of washing. Available from:

Fence Posts | DIY Doctor Using Postcrete to Concrete Fence Posts | DIY Doctor

Recently my neighbour has created a gate in his section of street-facing 6′ high garden fence (formerly a larch-lap panel owned by him). However, he has used my solid upright fence post for his gate latch /gate-post. He does not have my permission to use my solid upright fence post for this purpose. Pour in the Postcrete evenly around the post until no water is visible. The mix should cover the water. Then sprinkle a little water on top of the mix. As mentioned above you may still require the assisatnce of a family member or friend or several battens if no one is around to assist you in the final positioning of the post to ensure that it is upright in a true position In his inserting a gate, I do not consider it unreasonable to require him to build his own gate-post on his land rather than use my solid upright fence post (particularly given the noise nuisance). Whenever drilling through walls, you must also make sure that you’re not in danger of drilling through any pipes, electrics, or important infrastructure as well.For example, if you’re using 4 inch posts we know that your hole needs to be 12 inches square so measure out from each of the 4 faces of your fence post marker, 6 inches to create your 12 inch square. Steel plastic coated bars are mounted on an aluminium frame so this washing line is suitable for indoor or outdoor use. Aluminium rivets fix the bars to the frame and the unit feels well-made like it will stand the test of time. Spool retractable washing lines can sag which can make them frustrating to use, especially if clothes start to drag on the floor. Here are a few tactics that you can employ to stop your spool washing line from sagging: If you don’t want to take up room outside with a large washing line, but want a solution that is easier than using a collapsible airer, a wall mounted washing line can provide a simple solution.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment