276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stellarlune (Volume 9) (Keeper of the Lost Cities)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 2005, Emerald City Theatre Company debuted the musical Stellaluna and Other Tales by Alyn Cardarelli and Steve Goers. In addition to the bat Stellaluna, the musical contains the main characters from other works by Cannon: Verdi, about a python, and Pinduli, about a hyaena. [37] After spending so many books in this series as a doormat, Sophie has finally snapped. She spends a lot of the book yelling at people to do something, simmering with anger, and wanting to commit bodily harm on someone at least once. It is beautiful. She is so done with everything and everyone and I only wonder what took so long.

anyway, it was so nice to finally read one of these books for the first time again. this world, as dangerous and scary as it is now, is still so magical to me, and i could spend hours in it inside of my head. yet another addicting, can't-put-down addition to this series, and i cannot wait to see whats next. it's been amazing to (read) sophie grow and mature, and really, truly fall into the role of a leader. i cannot wait to see how her journey ends <3 Ohhhhh, that’s true. Wow, I didn’t even think about that.” Ro giggled as she crossed the room and sat beside him on the bed. “That must drive you crazy.” Stellaluna is a 1993 children's book written and illustrated by Janell Cannon. It is about a young fruit bat, Stellaluna, who becomes separated from her mother and finds her way to a nest of birds. She is adopted by them and learns bird-like behavior. Eventually, Stellaluna finds other bats and reunites with her mother, and she learns how to behave like a bat. She introduces the birds to her bat family. Stellaluna and the birds decide that, despite their many differences, they are still friends. Glimmer's 'big reveal' was not as impactful as it was supposed to be, largely because she turned out to be a character that nobody knew of before and nobody spoke of before. Sure, some characters recognised her after seeing her face, but ... it was never mentioned before, even though it was supposed to be a 'big thing' around the time where Sophie first came to the lost cities. This just makes a majority of Glimmer's storyline seem unplanned. And in the end, her character was just used to point out the flaws in the matchmaking system, one already pointed out by other couples like Juline / Kesler, Livvy / Quinlin and even the MC Sophie and Fitz.Cannon was interested in writing a story about bats because of the negative perceptions that many have of them, as well as because not many children's books featured them. She created the illustrations first, inspired by photographs of Gambian epauletted fruit bats. The art for the book was made with wax-based pencils, as well as airbrushed acrylic paint. These illustrations in particular were praised for their scientific accuracy, as well as for making the bats appealing. Overall, honestly pretty disappointing. I've been a fan of KOTLC but I feel that every book since book six (nightfall) has been dragged out and disappointing. Writing is really difficult and the world of the Lost Cities is truly thoughtprovoking and interesting, however, recently it really really feels like the story is being dragged out and milked. Keefe glared at both of them, wishing he still had some of his favorite elixirs handy. He’d managed to slip some Hush Slush into Ro’s dinner the night before and wiped out her voice for eight glorious hours. But somehow she’d managed to find all of his stashes—even the extra well-hidden ones. Am I amazed I had the patience to read that far considering how I felt about the other 39 chapters before it got good?

If this is the last book, it needs to go out with a BANG! And I hope it is the last book, personally, because if Sophie doesn't resolve everything soon, I genuinely can't see how she ever will. The conflict will grow too large for her to handle. IMO, it already has gotten out of hand and I can't see how she can realistically save the day at this point. But she's The Mysterious Lady Foss-Boss. She'll find a way to handle it.It’ll be a lifetime of pain if you don’t listen to me,” Elwin corrected. He flashed a red orb around Keefe’s torso and squinted through his glasses. “Just like I thought. You’re worse today.” He glanced out her windows, where the clouds were slowly turning pink with the sunset. “At least an hour ago, so it’s too late to stop him—but it’ll be okay. I think he actually has a solid plan this time.” Cavanaugh, Terence W. (2006). The Digital Reader: Using E-books in K-12 Education. ISTE. p. 19. ISBN 9781564842213. This entire book follows Sophie finding out what 'Elysian' and 'stellarlune' is, the book is advertised as a revealer of 'game-changing secrets' but in the end all we get are half-baked truths and even more questions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment