276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World (Lonely Planet)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Norton accompanies Gethers on filmmaking trips and helps convince the love of his life that he is the one. After years of adventuring the three settle in New York, Norton is one of the city’s most well-traveled felines. The key takeaway from this book is that proper research and planning, along with a willingness to see a culture for what it really is, can save you a fortune. Oh, and don’t hesitate to bargain – just be respectful when you do so. For the mystery novel fans out there, The Lost City Of The Monkey God is a fascinating medical mystery, based on a pioneering adventure into the world’s densest jungle. It is believed that this particular jungle holds immense wealth inside, but you will have to find it. The only problem is, Indigenous tribes who fled there have warned that anyone who finds the sacred city will die.

This modern day classic is based on Cheryl Strayed’s 1,100-mile solo hike through the Pacific Crest Trail. It all began at 22 years old with the passing of her mother, and her divorce from her husband, which found Strayed at the lowest point of her life. After a brief encounter with heroine, she makes the decision to rebuild her confidence, her self respect and her life. With details of every United Nations-approved country in the world, and a few more principalities and dependencies besides, Lonely Planet's Travel Book is the ultimate introduction to a world of travel and the essential travel reference book for every household! Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is the first of a hugely popular series of books, which I would recommend to any travel lover. But you don’t have to take my word for it, the first book alone sold around 16 million copies and has been translated into 35 languages.

She does a solid job of discussing the emotional steps involved in her process too. I don’t know how Lauren gets into so many crazy situations on her travels, but they make for a very entertaining read! Curious how I make money while traveling? Here are the different ways I get paid to travel the world. Love With A Chance Of Drowning is the travel memoir of Torre, who reluctantly leaves her corporate lifestyle to live on a sailboat with a man she just met, and their adventure across the South Pacific together. This inspirational work displays the history of one of the greatest cities in the world. Dense, yet enjoyably readable, Alistair Horne takes us through the Parisian history of seven ages of turmoil and change. The graphic details are sure to keep you engaged as he shows how Paris endured through each era. You have quite some of my favourites listed here. Love EAT PRAY LOVE, Alchemist, Holy cow and seven years of Tibet :)

Rolf Potts spent 10 years on the road and wrote the best travel book ever to prepare you for long-term travel. You’ll be fully equipped to start globetrotting as Potts provides practical information for financing your travel, adjusting to long-term travel, working overseas, and much more. This book is sure to get you mentally prepared to head out on your journey. Marching Powder is the true story of a British drug dealer’s five years inside a very strange Bolivian prison, where whole families live with inmates in luxury apartments and cocaine is manufactured.Microadventures is an uplifting and original concept evolved out of the travel blogosphere and into a catchy book. Instead of pushing his readers to drop everything and hit the road full-time, Humphreys champions the weekend warrior and after-work types with this one. Bruce Chatwin’s instant classic gives us a taste of the mysterious place that is Patagonia. Fueling his desire for adventure, he spent six months in Patagonia gathering stories from the people he encountered. As he treks through the southern tip of South America, you’ll love the incredible pieces of history you’ll learn along the way. Well written travel books like these have helped inspire my own personal travel goals over the years — and will continue to do so. In the summer of 2009, Alain de Botton was appointed as Heathrow’s Writer-in-Residence. Given unprecedented access, de Botton took a hard look at the place where many of us spend hours, but never really take the time to see. He spoke with everyone from travelers to senior executives to the airport chaplain to airline staff. Out of those conversations and his own observations, he compiled an insightful look into the magical and the mundane that creates the life of an airport and the people in it.

Some of my favorite travel books are based on other people’s travel adventures, while travel how-to guides taught me that international travel is accessible to everyone, not just wealthy & retired people. For the wary soul who needs a bit of extra convincing of the life-changing wonders that await abroad, there’s perhaps no better resource than The Cat Who Went To Paris. Peter Gethers’ global journeys with a cat named Norton puts a dose of adorable humor into many common travel situations. Along with all the challenges and wonder they experience on the trip, the book takes you on a beautiful, romantic and deeply personal journey of self-discovery. It’s very entertaining and funny, I couldn’t put it down. Chasing dreams is always scary, but usually worth it.Voice of Marrakes” (Elias Canetti). It is in italian I am not sure has been translated. But it is really great. I have been reading it while traveling across Morocco and it’s been a real pleasure. Ok now that we’ve got some of my favorite travel novels out of the way, I also wanted to include some more useful travel books in the list too. Books to help you travel cheaper, better, or show you how to travel more! The Food Traveler’s Handbook is an extension of Jodi Ettenberg’s excellent travel blog Legal Nomads, a go-to for all things street food (and eating while traveling in general). So it’s no wonder she’s got a top book on the subject. This humorous travelogue of ideas was crafted out of NPR correspondent Eric Weiner’s yearlong journey to find the happiest places on earth and figure out what we can learn from them. Traveling through Iceland, Moldova, Switzerland, Qatar, Thailand, and a host of places in between, he offers some interesting new ideas for travel destinations.

Theroux earned his reputation as one of the all-time great travelogue writers because he lives every word that he writes. Dark Star Safari takes readers through his voyage from the top of Africa to the bottom.In How NOT To Travel The World Lauren expertly conveys the fears of a first-time solo traveler who, prior to hitting the road, as she lived a rather sheltered life. The overarching theme is conquering fear and living your dream. Well, that’s it for now. I hope you got some good ideas for travel books to read in 2020! I’ll keep updating this list every year with fresh options. ★ Enjoy This Post? Pin It! It starts very slowly, almost disappointing. And than, when he approached Iran and on, it really catches you and traps in his journey.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment