276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Turn of the Key: the addictive new thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ware’s mastery of the traditional mystery merged with the twisty psychological thriller never fails to impress! While Ware is known for her sudden reversals, I promise you that you’ll never see the end of The Turn of the Key coming. Which means everyone needs to read it so we can talk about that ending." The four children she has to look after create a nightmarish life for her. Moreover, everything in the hi-tech home starts malfunctioning. She was already struggling with her life and had a lot of lies to hide. In addition to all the above problems, she starts to have paranormal experiences in the house. Then something terrible happens. This book will tell us what happened to Rowan Caine and the children. A storyteller at the gathering. Griffin tells a ghost story involving a child and his mother. Women at the Gathering You have no idea how many times I have started this letter and screwed up the resulting mess, but I've realized there is no magic formula here. There is no way I can make you listen to my case. So I'm just going to have to do my best to set things out. However long it takes, however much I mess this up, I'm just going to keep going and tell the truth."

While I had some suspicions, I was mostly caught off guard by the twists and although the ending is a bit ambiguous, I liked it!! I have my own theories, and others will have theirs, making this a fun book to discuss, debate and dissect. We find out that the reason that the nannies keep leaving is because Bill Elincourt sexually harasses all of them. The first one (who stayed the longest) was Holly, and Bill had an affair with her. This is why Jean, Rhiannon and Maddie are so unfriendly because they don’t trust the nannies.

Flanagan has kept the spine of James’s novella but also draws on the author’s other less well known ‘weird fiction’. He wrote a number of short stories about the supernatural, such as The Jolly Corner and The Romance of Certain Old Clothes, and they have been mined for plotlines, themes and characters. Flanagan calls the series “a Gothic romance”. There is subtle psychological horror, a bit of grand guignol, a love story and a plot strand which is an obvious nod to a well-known much-loved horror film. It’s a heady mix.

The EPCM contractor has a duty to ensure that the engineering and design of the project is in compliance with the projects technical and functional specifications. Supervising, management and co-ordinating construction interface in accordance with a detailed schedule is the key responsibility of the EPCM contractor. Although the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract and the engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) contract have been present in the construction sector for many years, there remains confusion as to the fundamental differences between these contracts, the role each party is required to play, and when to use one contract over the other. In the last chapter, the truth of what happened to Maddie is finally revealed. How does Ellie’s letter align with Rachel’s retelling of that night? What, if any, questions remain? She wrote her debut novel after a discussion with a friend, where her friend mentioned that she’d never read a psychological thriller set on a hen night (bachelorette party). This gave Ruth an idea for a book, and she went with it.nothing would happen to a 5 year old, so I find it highly doubtful that she would go to jail to protect her.

Let’s just say that if you’ve got an Echo, you’re going to unplug it as soon as you finish the book… What Ware does beautifully is infuse The Turn of the Key with a creepy Gothic sensibility. For all of the novel’s contemporary touches—particularly the house’s malevolent smart technology—she has delivered an old-fashioned horror story, peopled by children with ‘eyes full of malice,’ a dour housekeeper straight out of Rebecca and an inscrutable handyman." Compulsively readable from the very start… The Turn of the Key is full of dizzying plot twists and revelations, but one thing is very clear: in Ware’s version, we are the ghosts. What human beings are capable of, including what we can accomplish with our technology, has the capacity to turn us into monsters.” We learn that Jean was unfriendly, since she viewed the nannies as more pretty girls who would come and leave and break the little girls' hearts. Sandra ended up leaving Bill and taking the children. But it just wasn't very strong as a mystery, in my opinion. The culprit can be guessed pretty easily (this really isn't a surprising reveal anymore) and it irked me how it doesn't make sense for Rowan to withhold the identity of the dead child, though of course she does so because once we know who it is, it removes any doubt as to who the killer must be.I guess I would still recommend this book for people who like mystery-thrillers, but I’d describe The Turn of the Key as a fairly run-of-the-mill entry into this genre. I would definitely consider reading a different Ruth Ware book later though, since I thought the writing was fine and the story was interesting.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment