276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The MeatStick X | 260ft Wireless Meat Thermometer Withstanding High Temperature for BBQ, Smoker, Oven, Deep Frying, Sous Vide, Stove Top, Rotisserie, Kamado

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s best to do this while the grill is still warm, or had time to warm up once it’s lit again from cool. It helps free the grease and oils. The ability to link multiple probes to the same app is always excellent. Still, the ability to monitor your barbecue from outside your home is what we like to think of as the Gold Standard of thermometer tech. I had to set up Notification permissions. The App instructs you to set notifications to “On” in the Permissions menu. This allows you to receive temperature alerts when your meat is cooking. Your journey starts with the hardware. The probe gets inserted as shown below into the base unit. 2 AA batteries are required to charge the probe and to utilize the features of the base.

The internal sensor can only measure temperatures up to 212°f. In contrast, the ambient temperature sensor can handle temps up to 576°f, making it perfect for measuring the temp of your oven or smoker. The charger contains a built-in Bluetooth range extender. The extender increases the range between the App and the probe to 100 feet indoors or 260 feet outdoors. You can achieve this range even when you are cooking in a closed setup (i.e., lid on smoker or closed oven). However, feel free to try the smoker method at the same temperature and cooking time listed below, if you are confident enough on your smoking skills. Different Types I verified my oven temperature and set it to 400°F (ambient). Then I started a cook in the App with a target meat temperature of 165°F. Although the ambient sensor is accurate, it’s temperature response time is a little slower than I like. This possibly can be improved with a change in the electronics. Who’s it forI want to try this without casings. Will the log fall apart without a casing? Sorry if that’s a stupid question! Reply

While you are cooking, the App shows you the elapsed and remaining cook times. The remaining time calculator estimates cook time based on ambient and target meat temperatures. This lets you know how long it will take for your meat to reach the target temperature. I love cooking outdoors over live fire and smoke whatever the weather, and I own over 30 grills and smokers of all varieties that I frequently cook on to produce epic food. I set my oven to 350°F and let it heat up. With the App guiding me, I set up the cook. I used the pre-programmed settings for a well done center loin roast.

What is it?

Alison is an amazing writer and food lover. She is an active member of our local restaurant chef community. Next the probe is placed on the X Charger. The probe will not charge unless its metal cap is touching the metal tab on the charger. I could tell because the App sent me a notification when the range was exceeded. I also lost the extender, Bluetooth and battery icons on my phone.

Even though the manufacturer performs a temperature calibration and vouches for its accuracy, I wanted to verify this for myself. The manufacturer recommends an ice bath test to verify accuracy at 32°F. For the most part, using the App involves setting up a cook. The interactive guide steers you through the process. You can either select one of the pre-programmed ones or create your own. If you could look at a grill grate under a microscope, you would see pores and a rough, pitted surface. What did you do with the thermometer after you shredded the beef for the stew? Are you able to just drop it in the pan and get temp readings while the vegetables are cooking or did you just finish the cooking without the probe?The Mini has a temperature sensor resistance of up to185 degrees, so it will not work well for smoking large cuts of meat like pork butts and briskets. Sure, you can still use it to monitor the process of the cook, but you will need an instant-read to fine-tune the end of the cook. Setting up a temperature range/alarm is super easy. Thanks to a dual-sensor design, the Meater line of thermometers can measure internal temperatures using the internal sensor and the temperature of your cooking chamber with the ambient sensor.

A for those with those shiny top-of-the-line Napoleon and Balze grills with rotisserie bars, this is for you. Thanks for pointing out since I forgot to mention in the article. I personally use 17 mm casings but if you prefer, you can also use 19 mm casings. While with some “cabled probe” wireless thermometers, you need to clamp an ambient thermometer to the grill’s grate and then the probe into the meat. If you have an Android device, you have to select “Precise” and “Allow all the time” in the Location Services menu.

Hardware specs

BUT, here is where you can definitely use these wireless meat probes, rotisseries! It doesn’t matter how good of a wireless thermometer you got unless it is a true WIRELESS device; those cables will keep you from using it with a rotisserie. Actually, to be honest, I have never tried it on a food dehydrator. You can do a small test by only cooking a small portion of the meat on a food dehydrator and if it turns out good, you can cook the rest. Don’t forget to have a little patience and let the grill do its job. Turning food too early won’t give the meat enough time to release from the metal. These thermometers offer the ability to monitor your oven, smoker, or grill without a single wire involved, which is a pretty incredible feat. Fat: Those who suffer from gallbladder or pancreas problems must restrict their fat intake. Some experts recommend these individuals avoid foods with 3 grams of fat or more per serving. Additionally, those with high LDL cholesterol levels and heart-related problems are generally advised to limit fat consumption .

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment