276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nikon FHW00301 ES-1 Slide Copying Adapter , Black

£38.995£77.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

p>My NEX 7's resolution is high enough where it resolves even Kodachrome at the grain level, so I feel pretty confident that I'm managing to eke out just about everything a slide has to offer. So I don't feel I'm losing anything resolution wise. Now, I dunno about the Coolscans, but my Epson flatbed's resolution becomes noticeably worse whenever I engage its ICE function, which is why I never use it. So is a Coolscan giving up resolving power when ICE is used? If so, then my NEX is doing a better job than the Coolscan. Actually, it is already, since its resolution is actually better than a Coolscan's.

p>While the setup I illustrated is with a Sony A7ii, it can be use with any Nikon DSLR. The advantage of the Sony is, of course, higher resolution (24 or 42 MP), and a viewing system optimized for manual focusing (5x and 12x magnification). The electronic first shutter and mirrorless system completely eliminates vibration.

p>Not much to do about scratches other than Photoshop, but dust is fairly easy to remove. I use an high intensity light skimming the surface of the the slide. You can see dust particles as small as about 20 microns that way. I use an anti-static (carbon fiber) brush on both sides, and a blast of canned air if necessary. Actually, the brush alone has been sufficient up to this point, but I've used canned air in the past before scanning.

p>There is quite a lot more to it. The ES-1 is designed for 1:1 slide copy with 55mm on a full frame body. Yes, slides are copied at 1:1 on a full frame camera, and the ES-1 paper says 60mm could also just about work (on full frame, at one end of the ES-1 range).

We find in this book, that even those Jews who were scattered in the province of the heathen, were taken care of, and were wonderfully preserved, when threatened with destruction. Though the name of God be not in this book, the finger of God is shown by minute events for the bringing about his people's deliverance. This history comes in between ( Ezra 6 and Ezra 7 ) . p>The ES-1 was designed before the 40mm macro lens, and also before full frame digital sensors. It does not mention either of those. :)

Military Service

Version 1.0 and 1.1 both have common (CM) and common lite (CL) profiles, the difference being that the common lite profile only supports fixed-point instead of floating point data type support, whereas common supports both. Several versions of the OpenGL ES specification now exist. OpenGL ES 1.0 is drawn up against the OpenGL 1.3 specification, OpenGL ES 1.1 is defined relative to the OpenGL 1.5 specification and OpenGL ES 2.0 is defined relative to the OpenGL 2.0 specification. This means that, for example, an application written for OpenGL ES 1.0 should be easily portable to the desktop OpenGL 1.3; as the OpenGL ES is a stripped-down version of the API, the reverse may or may not be true, depending on the particular features used. p>The photos I posted before showing my dupe rig illustrate how one can turn a marginally effective "tube" into an effective one by stripping it of most of its stuff. The bare flanged tube allows me to connect my 55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor and a slide stage, with a few other pieces that are necessary to bring things to 1:1 for a 1.5x APS-C setup.

p>Another fail! This combination still does not allow the 40mm lens to photograph a whole slide. The top is still cropped off.

p>>Not only the cheap ones, but the fancier devices made by Nikon and others, I'm bound to say.

p>Still the big factor is time. I have hundreds of boxes of slides and thousands of film strips which will never be scanned using the glacial technology of my film scanners. The speed and efficacy of using a digital camera to achiever technically superior results makes the job seem possible in my lifetime, and even more desirable as a way to share the results with my children and others.

an extensive set of required, explicitly sized texture and render-buffer formats, reducing implementation variability and making it much easier to write portable applications. p>This rig produces images that are just a tiny bit larger than full frame with a 1.5x crop sensor camera, such as Nikon or Sony NEX. If you have a 1.6x crop body camera, such as a Canon, I have a setup that works for it as well.

p>My light source is natural daylight and I use auto white balance. Almost all of the old slides I'm copying are faded -- especially the Ektachromes. (Kodachrome is more stable.) The camera's AWB helps to correct the slide's skewed color balance. If necessary, I do further corrections in Photoshop.

p>Dust is everywhere, and the amount which accumulates on a slide may depend more on the time it is exposed to the environment after cleaning than the effectiveness of the cleaning itself.

p>Thank you, Wayne F., for making me feel really stupid. You are correct -- I was inserting the slide into the ES-1 holder incorrectly. I was inserting it between the metal clips and the frosted glass, because the gaps between the clips and glass led me to believe that's where the slide should go. When I insert the slide between the clips and the tube -- per your advice -- the slide goes all the way down to the bottom of the holder, is centered in the viewfinder, and allows me to photograph the entire image. Perfect!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment