276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Girl in the Castle

£7.62£15.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Upon coming across this whilst out and about, I knew that it would have to be read. Not disappointed at all! Violence: PG-13 for suicide, suggestion of rape, bleeding cuts, cut herself repeatedly with a spoon sharpened against a table leg, stealing and hanging

Beloved #1 bestselling author James Patterson delivers a thrilling novel about a teen caught between two worlds and the truths that could set her free—or trap her forever This raises a lot of questions. Which reality is the real one? How do the two realities relate? How will Hannah get through this? Well, by the end, there's not a lot of certain answers. The Girl in the Castle is a wonderfully written blend of first (Hannah) and third (Jordan) narrative that looks at the lengths one’s mind goes to to protect us from the unthinkable, from things we wish to forget, even from ourselves. Going into this the premise of the book reminded me a lot of Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. A female character from the past being brought to the future and living two lives in each. This was done tremendously well in Labyrinth, but in contrast this was done absolutely terribly in this book. However, this is not reality at all. But in Hannah's mind, all of this exists. With her sister in danger, Hannah must return to the castle: the longer she's away the worse everything will become. However, the longer she stays, the chances of escape are becoming less and less...However, overall I really liked the book’s themes, and Hannah as a character. So I think I’ll give this book four stars today, and keep thinking about it — I think this will spur some really interesting discussions amongst its teen audience. I devoured in one sitting. I easily resonated with Hannah and other memorable patients of Belman Psych: Indy/ Adam and Michelle are obviously my favorites. And even worse there is no explanation or even a thought at provoking a reason why or how the main character gained the ability to travel through time. And EVEN worse, the main character has the decision making of a really bad scripted character from a poorly designed video game. Jordan Hassan is a new intern, needing extra credit to graduate from Columbia University. From the beginning he find himself drawn into Hannah. The attraction between them are undeniable and Jordan may be the first person who really wants to help her and try to find out about her past.

Hannah Dory and her village are starving to death in a brutal winter. Hannah seeks out food and salvation in the baron's castle. If she is caught stealing, she will surely hang. Many thanks to EdelweissPlus and the publisher for providing me with a DRC of this title. All opinions are my own. Beloved #1 bestselling author James Patterson delivers a thrilling novel about a teen caught between two worlds and the truths that could set her free - or trap her foreverFirst off, the story reads like a really bad, high school-y type of novel. A whole lot of the substance is superficial and the majority of the characters and how they think and perceive the things around them is insanely simple. The whole 'the only person who sees who I am and believes me is this super, mega hot guy who just happens to now work temporarily at this hospital OMG' thing is so, so bad. Hannah Dory lives in a small village during the Middle Ages. With her family and community starving, she's about to do something extraordinarily stupid.... Hannah and her village are starving to death in a brutal winter. Hannah seeks out food and salvation in the baron's castle. If she is caught stealing, she will surely hang. But if she and her friends succeed, she'll save everyone she holds dear.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment