276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Unreliable Memoirs (Unreliable Memoirs, 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

James, Clive (2 June 1983). "The book of my enemy has been remaindered". The London Review of Books. 5 (10). James deliberately conceals himself behind a screen of words, unable to come to terms with himself enough to be completely honest, as is reflected in the title. It is a book of embarrassment. Clive in his room lets the neighbourhood fat kid climb on top of the wardrobe to "bed bomb" in a flying belly flop onto Clive's mattress. "He had … a behind like a large bag of soil …The frame of the bed snapped off its supports with the noise of a firing squad …" The author hides from his mother. "Once again it was very dark under the house." His views and his voice here are those of an adolescent male from the 1960s. His unembarrassed talk of children’s and teenagers’ sexual activity, juices and all, is quite startling in its facile crudity, uncomfortable to read, excruciating in places, such as his participation in group sex with the ‘town bike’.

The Blaze of Obscurity: The TV Years (Unreliable Memoirs, 5) The Blaze of Obscurity: The TV Years (Unreliable Memoirs, 5)

One secret deserves another, and an orphan’s memoirs will generally have plenty to tell. The next paragraph proceeds: Gruber, Fiona (25 September 2015). "A late afternoon with Clive James". ABC . Retrieved 28 November 2019. Contrary to this, Clive James stated in BBC Radio's The Museum of Curiosity Series 2: Episode 6, "I once used the hubcap of a British Bedford DorMobile as an ashtray because I smoked a lot, but not even I could fill up the hubcap of a British Bedford DorMobile..." I don’t normally read the introduction to a book until after I have finished it as I like to make up my own mind about what I’m reading. For highlights from the latest issue, our archive and the blog, as well as news, events and exclusive promotions.He described the voice of Greek singer Demis Roussos of "having the sound of a Chihuahua caught in a revolving Dalmatian".

GCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE 8700/2 Insert - AQA

Many years ago I remember being given this book for my birthday with the comment "thought you might like this, he's the sort of droll smart-arse commentator that should appeal to you". The presenter of this present knew me well, although I think that they did a massive disservice to Clive James. As with many memoirs, I lost interest in the story when Clive hit adolescence. All the funny stuff happens in childhood - and to give him credit, the whole thing was colourful and well-written enough to push me through to the end, although I admit to skimming the last few chapters.Clive James; Charlie Stayt (31 March 2015). Clive James 'near to death but thankful for life' (Video). London: BBC. And fail at most of the things you try. No, fail at all of them. The Victorian critic John Churton Collins said, "The secret of success in life is known only to those who have not succeeded." And Collins would know. His entry in The Cambridge Guide to Literature in Englishends, "Morbidly interested in murder, spiritualism and graveyards, and depressive in temperament, he drowned himself near Lowestoft."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment