276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Danger Gang: Tom Fletcher

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dat Tom Fletcher kan schrijven mag ondertussen duidelijk zijn, maar het moet gezegd dat zijn boeken geenszins dezelfde impact en het zelfde succes zouden kennen zonder de samenwerking met illustrator Shane Devries. Zijn tekeningen zorgen ervoor het boek ongekende hoogtes bereikt. Van een simpele pentekening tot ware pareltjes van illustraties die zo uit een stripboek zijn weggehaald, zowat alles passeert de revue. Om dan nog maar te zwijgen over het schitterende coverontwerp dat niemand onberoerd zal laten. All seems normal until, following a terrific storm one night, with flashes of eerie green lightning and a definite whiff of poo, Franky notices a change in the people around him. First, Eric turns into a shark whenever water touches him, then Mollie becomes invisible, and Franky keeps glimpsing shadowy figures lurking at the edge of his vision. Convinced these bizarre occurrences are connected to the storm, he and his new friends form The Danger Gang and make it their mission to investigate the peculiar events. Tom Fletcher did it again! A fun, exciting, storm-tastic, superpowers and friendship filled story. I flew through it!

NOTE: I read this book in Dutch. I have no clue what the English names for everything is, so I am going to be using the Dutch names.

Select a format:

I also loved seeing what happened to the town and that the storm didn’t just affect the children. It affected a lot more! The art was fabulous though I did think it was a bit odd how much they differ. You had SUPER detailed and gorgeous art, and more simple but also fun art. Between the two sometimes the characters just looked vastly different which was confusing. I still loved the art, don’t get me wrong, but I think it would be better if it had all been in one style. But everything changes after the storm, when strange green lightning and powerful thunder crash down on the town. From that night on, the kids who live on Franky's street start to change. One by one, they become a little odd. A little unusual. A little... magical.

The Christmasaurus is currently being developed by The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey into an animated, feature-length movie with original songs written by Tom. De Braniebende” is opgebouwd als een soort dagboek, we krijgen maand per maand de briefwisseling tussen het net verhuisde hoofdpersonage Frenkie en zijn achtergebleven beste vriendin Danika voorgeschoteld. Daarin vertelt hij uitgebreid en met jeugdig enthousiasme welke bizarre avonturen (pun intended) die maand heeft beleefd. Het charmante aan de vertelstijl is dat Fletcher erin slaagt om de jeugdige naïviteit en de ongebreidelde fantasie perfect in de verhaallijn te vatten. Het voelt alsof je als lezer in het geheim mag meelezen met de brieven tussen de twee vrienden. However, some of this was a little annoying - in particular the ew girls are gross parts. Meeting the danger gang was so fun and interesting some of the plot line was pretty cool too, there is of course a lot of toilet humor in this one but it wasn't too bad.The final chapter/letter seemed a bit silly....because the person who the letter was going to was there so I didn't understand why the main character was writing it to them. If you look past some of the mistakes an uninspiring plot points it's good fun!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment