276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Witch Light

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is the conversion story of a preacher who based his world around the law, the scriptures, the biases of his people at the time. The conversion takes place while he is interviewing a witch in prison who is about to be burned for her crimes. Within a period of a few days, the preacher's whole life's philosophy is turned upside down and he becomes a saint, a man who follows his heart and is able to do the right thing, regardless of his religious beliefs and the law of the land. We all need to go through this conversion. Fairies: Besides being able to fly, fairies are able to cast spells that enlarge or reduce something in size once per day - perfect for squeezing into small spaces. This was such a beautifully written book that is based on a real event - the Massacre of Glencoe. A massacre which took place at 5am on February 13. 1692 when thirty-eight members of the Macdonald clan were killed by soldiers who had enjoyed the clan's hospitality for the previous ten days. Throughout reading this book, I found myself highlighting huge sections. The writing is beautiful and poetic. Corrag is a heroine the reader can root for, and, one might even learn a little about Scotland's history and the treatment of suspected witches. What an incredible journey this novel is. I was grateful for each new day of her story, both for the glorious prose and for her perceptions of her own care-worn life. Also, because it meant that her gruesome death had not yet come for her. I was conscious of the underlying darkness of her imminent death throughout the story, yet it only served to enhance further the magnificence and joys she came across. In A World Full Of Princesses Be A Witch Shirt, Happy Halloween Shirt,Halloween Shirt, Halloween Princesses,Halloween Witch,Halloween Gift

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight - everything you need to know The Wild Beyond the Witchlight - everything you need to know

Something comes . . . As a full moon glows under a rumbling sky, ill omens are making themselves known. It is the late 1600's in the highlands of Scotland, and you are there. There is a woman in chains, destined to burn at the stake. Is she a witch? A faery? Mayhap she is simply a healer, an apothecary of sorts with her myriad uses of herbs. Or maybe the gaolers have it right and she is right where she should be. Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See this thread for more information. When they tie me to the wood, I will say I have saved lives, and it will be a comfort and I will not mind the flames. For what if that's the cost? My life for their lives? What if the world asks for that -- for my small life, with its lonely hours, in return for the lives of three hundred, or more? I will pay it. If it means they are living . . . ." This is historical fiction that is both character study and a telling of the massacre at Glencoe in which men, women and children of the MacDonald clan were killed by members of the Campbell clan for failing to swear an oath to William of Orange aka King William III. I'm feeling woefully uneducated about U.S. history so am in no position to discuss the accuracy of Fletcher's "historical" fiction; it is a genre I don't tend to read. But there's no doubt MacDonalds were brutally slain.

The tale she tells is haunting, poetic and moving. She speaks of her Mother and Grandmother both condemned as witches. How her Mother told her to flee and she would know where she was meant to be when she saw it. Her tale involves hardship, loss, death, beauty, hope, resiliency and ends with friendship. Corrag tells how she found the Highland and befriended the Macdonald clan when she was able to save their leader using her herbs and stitching skills. Corrag tells of her time in the mountains and gives vivid descriptions of the mountains, the people, and her small hut and friendship with the Macdonald clan. Salem Witches Shirt, Witch TShirt, Witches Shirt, Witchy T-Shirt, Salem Massachussets Shirt, Feminist TShirts, Salem Witch Shirt

A Journey into Witchcraft Beliefs | English Heritage A Journey into Witchcraft Beliefs | English Heritage

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is designed to take player characters from level 1 to level 8 in the first 5th Edition adventure set in the Feywild. It is setting neutral allowing the Dungeon Master to transition the players from any starting location to the Prismeer, a Feywild domain of delight, via the Witchlight Carnival with two plot hook options. [2] [3] Prismeer has been fractured into three realms (Hither, Thither, and Yon) and is ruled by a coven of hags who overthrew the archfey Zybilna. The players traverse the domain to thwart each of the hags. [3] [4] Latte Coffee Halloween Witch School Sweatshirt, Witch School Shirt, Boba Shirt, Latte Shirt, Coffee Shirt, Witch Shirt, Halloween Gift I have mixed feelings about this one. I have a soft spot for anything set among the Scottish mountains, and there is plenty to enjoy here, but ultimately this mixture of history and fantasy proved a little too implausible, and a little too sentimental for my taste. I was not that familiar with the story of the Massacre of Glencoe, so that side of the story was interesting, and Fletcher writes very well about the landscape and has clearly done plenty of research into herbal treatments and the history.

It is 1692, and a traveler to Scotland from Ireland Charles Griffith , a staunch Jacobite and supporter of the deposed and exiled Catholic James II, and opponent of his replacement the Protestant William Prince of Orange, is called to visit and question a young woman accused of witchcraft. Intriguingly, violence isn't essential to complete this quest; non-combat options are available for all encounters. Are there new races in The Wild Beyond the Witchlight? I've heard fate talked of. It's not a word I use. I think we make our own choices. I think how we live our lives is our own doing, and we cannot fully hope on dreams and stars. But dreams and stars can guide us, perhaps. And the heart's voice is a strong one. Always is. Over the years, you have earned the friendship of another carnival fixture. Roll a d8 and consult the Carnival Companion table to determine whom or what you've befriended, or you can choose an option that you like. Work with your DM to flesh out this friendship. This companion hangs around you while you're in the carnival, but it won't voluntarily leave the carnival.

Witch Light – HarperCollins Publishers UK

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is a full-length adventure designed to take players from levels 1-8. Featuring D&D's first official adventure set in the Feywild (a counterpoint to the nightmare dimension of Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft or Curse of Strahd Revamped), it feels like a cross between between the Fable video game series and Alice in Wonderland. They hissed, we know what you are…And did they? They thought they did. In my English life, they took old truths - my snowy birth, how I liked marshy places - and pressed them into proper lies, like how they saw me lift up a shoulder and turn into a crow. I never did that. In 'Corrag', Susan Fletcher tells us the story of an epic historic event, of the difference a single heart can make - and how deep and lasting relationships can come from the most unlikely places. Concept Illustrators: Jedd Chevier, Daarken, Toma Feizo Gas, Titus Lunter, April Prime, Ilya Shkipin, Cory Trego-Erdner, Shawn Wood, Kieran Yanner I've heard fate talked of. It's not a word I use. I think we make our own choices. I think how we live our lives is our own doing, and we cannot fully hope on dreams and stars."Your heart's voice is your true voice. It is easy to ignore it, for sometimes it says what we'd rather it did not - and it is so hard to risk the things we have. But what life are we living, if we don't live by our hearts? Not a true one. And the person living it is not the true you.” Fletcher's writing is lyrical and her love of nature shines through. In fact, the Highlands can be considered a character in this book. One example: Witch Way To The Wine Shirt, Halloween Gift, Funny Halloween Shirt, Halloween Witch Shirt, Wine Drinker Gift, Halloween Party Shirt

Witch Light - book review - Jane Alexander

But also, there is light. It is everywhere. It floods this world--the world brims with it. Once, I sat by the Coe and watched a shaft of light come down through the trees, through leaves, and wondered if there was a greater beauty, or a simpler one. There are many great beauties. but all of them--from the snow, to his fern-red hair, to my mare's eye reflecting the sky as she smelt the air of Rannoch Moor--have light in them, and are worth it. They are worth the darker parts.”Love — loss — witches — this YA fantasy graphic novel has it all! This thoughtful, emotional story will entrance you with its moving story and organic artwork. The book is also available as a digital product through the following Wizards of the Coast licensees: D&D Beyond, Fantasy Grounds, and Roll20. [2] Related products [ edit ] Unearthed Arcana [ edit ] Funny Witch Long Sleeve Shirt, Halloween Hoodies and Sweaters, Witchy Halloween Gifts, Wine Outfit, Spooky Sweatshirt, Witch Way to The Wine Corrag;s plight fist inspires contempt in Charles and later compassion as he begins to understand far from being a wanton and loathsome witch, she is a loving and joyful soul, as the book is divided into sections where she talks about her life, and the letters by Charles to his wife in Ireland. The intersection of Corrag and Glencoe is that her mother, before being hanged, takes the horse of a neighbor who was one of her accusers and tells Corrag to ride north and west. And ride she does. Gallop gallop gallop. At first the descriptions are compelling. After a while, though, by the time I read

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment