276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Doorly's 12yo Barbados Rum, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This release, unlike the Exceptional Cask Series (Empery and 2007 to follow) and the Velier collaborations (Patrimonio will also follow soon here) will be available as a constant addition to the Foursquare portfolio. I quickly learned that not all rums are created equally and that the uniqueness of the spirit can be as varied as the locales they are from.

Doorly’s Fine Old Barbados Rum Aged 14 Years - the fatrumpirate Doorly’s Fine Old Barbados Rum Aged 14 Years - the fatrumpirate

You can compare it to a guy who eats Madame Jeanette chili every day and claims regular Indian food is not spicy at all and bland. At the turn of the 20th century, it was Martin Doorly, who founded a Foursquare rum bottling factory in Barbados. The only people who would be disappointed with this rum are the nuggets that think Bumbu or Plantation XO are great Barbados rums. Robust fruit notes of dried apples and apricots as well as banana notes linger and play with pops of cinnamon and baking spices. Long time readers of this site (both of you, ha ha) will know of my indifference to the Doorly’s XO, the R.Doorly’s White is now available at 47% ABV and R L Seale’s also had the ABV increased to 46% here in Europe. Overall aromas were well integrated, and while for me it presented some of the same issues as the XO — too thin, too faint, too delicate — it wasn’t totally derailed by them either. The rum is then blended to 40% abv and bottled in 700mL and 750 mL depending on which region of the world it is being sold in.

Doorly’s 12 Year Old Barbados Rum – Review – The Lone Caner Doorly’s 12 Year Old Barbados Rum – Review – The Lone Caner

Everything about the rum seems to showcase the dialled-down approach that was in vogue ten years ago but has now been overtaken by events and developments in the larger rumworld. It’s not the most complex Foursquare nose I have had recently but it has a nice balance and the notes that are present are nicely done. Presentation wise the Blue Macaw is again present and the typeface etc is the same as the rest of the Doorly’s line up. The Doorly’s brand was acquired by Foursquare in 1993, and it’s possible that the emergence of the El Dorado 15 YO the year before (it was one of the first aged premium rum brands regularly and plentifully issued by a major house) might have had something to do with that; and much of Mr. I would like to experience this rum at 86 or 90 proof to see how the flavors would transform at the higher proof.That it’s a well-made, serviceable, standard-proof rum for those who have never gone further (and don’t want to), I concede, no issues. The Doorly’s Rum line is produced at the Foursquare Distillery in Barbados by Richard Seale and his team of experts. It is a good rum serving as a transition between slightly sweetened rums like El Dorado or Dictador and drier, more powerful rums.

Doorly’s 12 – low-carb rum full of surprises - In RUM We Doorly’s 12 – low-carb rum full of surprises - In RUM We

The smell is very delicate with notes of coconut, vanilla, cinnamon, nougat, oranges and dried fruits. The rum is presented in a sturdy card board box that differentiates it from the rest of the line on the shelves.This rum personifies everything I love about Barbados rum products and is one of my favorite discoveries of 2016.

Doorly’s 12 Year Old Rum | Simply Wines Direct

Nose first: it was a clear, quiet smelling experience, a stripped-down blunted Swiss army knife of almost-sharp twittering flavours led by a buttery salt caramel, burnt sugar, a bit of soft citrus (oranges rather than lemons), unripe cherries, pomegranate, cinnamon and nutmeg. On the other hand, if growling ABV monsters and fierce pungency are not your thing, it would probably appeal in spades, be deemed a damned fine rum — and indeed, it is well regarded and held in high esteem by many, as a result of dialling into precisely those coordinates.At the moment my palate leans towards the more fruit led rums such as Premise, Port Cask, Destino and Principia. Notes of red wine and blackberries mingle alongside dark chocolate and some faint notes of marmalade. Bez předvolání, dobrovolného plnění ze strany vašeho Poskytovatele internetových služeb nebo dalších záznamů od třetí strany nelze informace, uložené nebo získané pouze pro tento účel, obvykle použít k vaší identifikaci.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment