276°
Posted 20 hours ago

G'Vine Floraison Gin de France 70 cl

£12.995£25.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

C’est au coeur de Maison Villevert, domaine familial du 16 e siècle, proche de Cognac, que G’Vine a été imaginé et qu’il est aujourd’hui conçu. Unconventional par nature, G’Vine est unique et original : un gin de raisin, élaboré en France et tout droit sorti de l’imagination du maître distillateur Jean-Sébastien Robicquet. The partnership forms part of the wider ‘Gin Your Way’ UK marketing campaign launching in October to inspire consumers to explore new ways to enjoy gin. Fred will use his expertise to create inspiring drinking experiences with G’Vine complemented by a series of ‘Gin Your Way’ consumer events taking place in December. About G’Vine It was in the heart of the 16th century family home Maison Villevert, where G’Vine was first dreamed up and is now produced. Unconventional by its very nature, it is a gin made of grapes instead of more common lower quality grains. It is from the imagination of master distiller Jean-Sébastien Robicquet, that this gin was brought to life by the untapped potential he saw in the grapes of his home in the Cognac region.

The folks behind G’vine are no stranger to the history of gin and grape-spirit-based-gins. In fact they are behind the 2014 re-creation of a 1495 gin recipe discovered in a Dutch text ( yes, the GIN is IN has reviewed it). This is the first time a UK ambassador has been selected by the premium French gin made with grapes and reflects distiller Maison Villevert’s continued drive for growth in the local market following ongoing success since launching in 2006. And like Kid A— it’s one of the greatest beginnings in all of gin. Lime, a delicate but somewhat un-place-able floral note, and a dash of juniper so you know it’s a gin. It’s a left turn, sure. But it’s a really exciting one. G’Vine has received 43 international awards since its creation including 12 gold and double gold medals and became the third leading premium gin in the world just ten years after launch (source: IWSR), furthermore the use of grapes rather than grain has secured its position a trailblazer in the premium gin boom in the 21st century.But unlike the 1495 Gins, G’vine Floraison has both feet in the modern day. Though distilled from a base of grape, it’s designed to appeal to modern sensibilities. Amazingly, when I first wrote about this gin ten years ago, I thought it was “as contemporary as it gets.” And oddly enough, after ten years of writing about contemporary style gins. It still is. But this ambitious, floral-forward take on gin has aged exceptionally well*. It’s just as “out there” as when I first tried it, but it’s just as good— perhaps better. In a world where so many are trying to push the boundaries of gin, EuroWineGate did the same thing— and it still may be one of, if not the, best.

G’Vine is different to traditional gins because it is made with grapes not grain and this makes it very smooth, also like me. G’Vine is me in a bottle!” Maison Villevert-owned G’Vine gin has named French TV personality Fred Sirieix as its first UK ambassador.Produktionen af denne fantastiske gin foregår på det smukke Maison Villevert i hjertet af Cognac-distriktet. Floraison betyder meget passende 'blomstring', der er en vigtig proces i enhver vindrues livscyklus. Men hvor de fleste andre vinbønder lader deres vinranker afblomstre, plukker folkene bag G’vine Floraison blomsterne og bruger dem som den mest markante smagsgiver i deres gin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment