276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corrupt (Devil's Night Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jaxon’s best friend, Kade, provides an alternative perspective on his relationship with Saddie, while Saddie’s friend, Macy, is a source of strength and support throughout the novel. Jaxon’s brother, Chase, is a dangerous and manipulative character, and his father, William, seeks to control Jaxon and Saddie’s relationship.

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas - Book Summary Corrupt by Penelope Douglas - Book Summary

Relationships between characters are highlighted as Jax finds himself in a love triangle between his best friend and his brother’s girlfriend, showcasing his selfish decisions and disregard for other people’s emotions. Brad, a former lover of Saddie’s, serves as the novel’s antagonist, aiming to sabotage her relationship with Jaxon. Other significant characters include Mrs. Clarkson, Jaxon’s assistant, and Tessa, who works for Jaxon’s company. No. I should be grateful. Mrs. Crist thought of me, and it was nice of her to make sure I’d have a dress to wear.As he moves to protect her, Daphne finds he’s also funny, kind and sexy as hell. Indeed, he just might be too good to be true..." In Penelope Douglas’ Corrupt, conversations between characters play an integral role in developing the plot, characters, and themes. Which can be seen as Jax visits a strip club and gets into a fight with a dancer, demonstrating his disregard for authority. Michael Crist is top-3 best YOUNG alphas I have read. He is oozing of sex, manipulation, secrets, violence, danger, ruthlessness and corruption. He had 0 personality. I don’t know if PD was trying too hard to make the others intriguing that she failed to develop Michael enough or what, but he was just so…meh.

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas | Reading Frenzy Book Blog Corrupt by Penelope Douglas | Reading Frenzy Book Blog

Mrs. Douglas is Penelope’s mother, strong and ambitious, determined to give her daughter the best life possible. SOLVED!!! ---> The dark romance bully book where she was best friends with a bunch of guys and one of them assaulted her… i forgot how unlikeable these characters are in this book but funnily enough, i love them in Damon's book so *michael scott voice* oh how the turntables... In the climax of the story, Rika confronts Michael and the other Horsemen. She reveals the truth about the night of the prank and forcing them to face the consequences of their actions. Michael and Rika finally admit their feelings for each other, but they must overcome their dark pasts and confront their demons to find redemption.But, I dunno. The power of this group, to me was… unconvincing. How they treated their peers, how patronizing they were, their threats, and how successful they were with the threats. It just left me cold (which of course is the goal – we’re not supposed to like them), but also had me reading from the outside. I never fully connected with the heroine. I never became her. Instead, I was annoyed and skeptical. Chess would teach me strategy, fencing would teach me human nature and self-preservation, and dancing would teach me my body. All necessary for a well-rounded person.”

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas: 9780593642009

The complexity of these themes and the unique ways in which Penelope Douglas has woven them into the plot create an engaging and thought-provoking read. Through Corrupt, readers can enter a world where these themes intertwine and explore the powerful emotions that accompany them. ahh... now we're at the ✨ threesome ✨ part of the review and well, i tried okay? i really did. i was traumatized from this scene from before so i tried exposing myself by reading this scene again and folks, just wanna let y'all know that sadly, my eyerolling-nitis syndrome was not at all healed. im so sorry. Moments of awesome reading and moments of dubious Maryse. I just couldn’t “go with it”. How they spoke to her, at times seeming as if they had an “all knowing comprehension” of the world, how they spoke to each other… the things they thought they were entitled to.Jennifer L. Armentrout’s “A Fire in the Flesh: A Flesh and Fire Novel” is LIVE & you can read the first three chapters, free! The Crist family home in the distance, the only glow through the rain and cloud cover, stood as a threat and a punishment that I was putting off. Erika “Rika” Fane was born into privilege, raised in a sheltered coastal community run by its wealthy and well-connected residents, but we meet her as she is about to leave the safety of her hometown and move to a new city where she would be on her own for the very first time in her life. Desperate to run away from all that is expected of her and to finally learn what she is made of, Erika dreams of paving her own future ahead of her, but her newly found freedom is short-lived as she finds herself living one floor below the very man she’s been in love with all her young life—the brother of the man everyone expects her to marry—in a building owned by his family. “You’re a good girl on the outside, but no one knows who the hell you are on the inside, do they?”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment