276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hifold by Mifold - High Back Travel Car Booster Seat - Safe and Portable Folding Child Car Seat - Adjustable for Growing Kids - Lightweight - Group 2/3 15-45 kg (4-12 years), Slate Grey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once on board our flights, the hifold easily fit in luggage storage areas. If the plane had been full, I could have turned it sideways to take up less space or put it in front of our daughter’s seat. Thankfully the folded size is extremely compact, so even on a tiny regional flight it stows away. The seat has a belt positioner, similar in design to the crotch strap you'd get on a three- or five-point harness, and it's designed to help position the seatbelt across the hip bones and ensure that the delicate abdominal area is protected in a crash. www.oeamtc.at/tests/kindersitztest/kindersitztest-2020-fruhjahr/mifold-hifold-fit-and-fold-booster-38016191

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the fit on my son (9.5 years old, around 49″, 65 pounds and desperately in need of a profession haircut) was pretty close to what I would feel comfortable with. The lap belt is still a little lower than what I’d consider a great fit, but it’s getting there. The shoulder belt fit is just fine. Make a note of your child's weight and height, as this will determine what seat you’ll need to buy. Record the weight in imperial and metric units – people often use pounds and ounces, but car seats are approved for weight groups in kg. Noting down your child's weight in both units will prevent mistakes when converting from one to another. Measure their height in centimetres. Read more: Choosing the best portable booster car seat The hifold booster seat fits great for our 8.5 year old We have no problem getting a safe lap belt fit with hifold. Below you can see her more than a year ago testing out hifold. The lap belt is exactly where it should be.Invented from his own needs of being a parent of four, Jon Sumroy has transformed a simple idea into a successful product – mifold, the Grab-and-Go Booster Seat. The multi-award-winning booster seat has now sold over a million times worldwide and has brought a convenient and safe revolution to keeping kids safe in cars. As well as capable of folding down, the hifold is also completely adjustable to suit the child, with 243 individual settings. The three areas that adjust are the seat width, body width and head width with three settings each, and the height which has nine settings! Again, these are adjusted by pushing or turning the green buttons. Overall, my kids and I like the hifold fit & fold booster seat. As you can see in the photos here, we had no issue getting a safe seatbelt fit on both of them thanks to all of the adjustments. Advantages of the hifold fit and fold booster Experts agree that the safest way to transport babies is in a rearward-facing infant carrier or baby car seat. A good baby car seat will help to protect your baby in frontal and side-impact crashes.

My kids found the mifold a bit uncomfortable for sitting for long periods of time because it doesn’t have much padding. We also struggled to get the right belt fit a bit more than compared to the BubbleBum. But I know many families prefer it because it’s even more compact. The mifold can be a smart choice for shorter rides when space is really at a premium. Child car seats are bought in two ways: either according to your child's car seat weight group or according to the child's height. So Group 0+ is from 0-13kg and an i-Size baby car seat is from 40-85cm – that's from birth to about 12-15 months old. Do you get Joie seats in Italy? Joie Elevate has a tall harness, though that gets issues with forward anchorage too and it's not really compact. Same for Joie Stages/Graco Enhance which would be my other international tall 18kg harness suggestion. (Graco is often more prevalent). The Nachfolger is a German inflatable (!) one, but is very expensive and only goes up to 5 years - I wouldn't want to spend €400 to then only use it 18 months or so www.nachfolger.com/en/

How does the hi fold car seat compare to its older-but-smaller sibling, the mifold grab and go booster seat? The mifold comfort is an ultra-portable booster seat that folds in half like a clamshell and weighs about as much as a hardcover book. As you can see above, it’s tiny! The Bubblebum’s seating area is just a little bigger than mifold comfort’s seating area. Many parents don’t realize it, but kids aren’t supposed to sit on the silver part of Bubblebum! If your child’s bottom is on it, they need a bigger booster seat. mifold vs Bubblebum: seating area mifold vs hiccapop Uberboost Press the small buttons on the green tabs then push the green tabs down and rotate the shoulder sides inwards. At the very least, you’ll want to know the correct width settings for your kid, which is easy enough. My petite 5.5 year old needed the narrowest widths for everything and my small 8.5 year old was on the medium widths for the seat and torso, but narrowest for the headrest.

In this review, we specifically tried the mifold comfort. Thanks to a neighbor I had the opportunity to compare it to the original. While the bones of the two seats are basically the same, the new one is definitely an improvement! We also found that the red shoulder belt guide is quite narrow, so it takes a bit more effort to pull and lengthen the belt through it when fastening.

Where to buy

Before you can get to installing the hifold booster seat in your car, there is some preliminary set up. The manufacturer advertises 243 unique combinations thanks to the wide variety of adjustments, so it’s helpful to do a preliminary try with your kid before you’re in a high-pressure travel situation. You’ll need to set the seat height once you place it in the car. The manual says to start with it at its highest setting, but that’s probably overkill. Just start with it higher than you think you need it, have your child hop in and then start tweaking. Your kid will need to bend his head forward to grant you access to the lever, so it might take a few tries to get the height right. It’s also critical that your child achieve a safe seatbelt fit in any booster seat she’s going to use – more on that later in this mifold review. Like the mifold comfort, the hiccapop Uberboost ( full review here) wasn’t ideal for our petite kids but could work well for bigger carpool buddies who sometimes ride with us. It’s another inflatable booster seat but gives a little more space for broader kiddos than the Bubblebum. It’s hollow inside so you can probably roll it small than this, and at 1lb 3oz it’s 6oz lighter than the mifold comfort. However, my kid hated the optional shoulder belt clip and won’t use the seat until he’s tall enough to avoid it. hiccapop Uberboost vs mifold: folded size mifold vs Graco RightGuide

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment