276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A History of Magic, Witchcraft, and the Occult (DK a History of)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I felt like it was a great starting point for someone who is interested in learning anything about magic, witchcraft, or the occult, and a very basic understanding of how the practice has changed through the years. Cats are the most commonly reported which is familiar, there was even a mid evil legend that the devil himself had created them by accident.

Plan Like a Millionaire is part of a riveting three-part series, and it's all about elevating your game and setting goals like a seven-figure earner. Think and Grow Rich is the number-one inspirational and motivational classic for individuals who are interested in furthering their lives and reaching their goals by learning from important figures in history. The visually appealing illustrations were overshadowed by the lackluster writing style, which failed to engage me as a reader. My career as a voice actor had been over for months and me and my little girl Scarlet were living back at my mum’s place.

The authors did a good job of trying to differentiate between magical practices, superstition, and religions still being practiced (which only showed up as they intersected with magical practices, like the Christian persecution of witches). If there was a PDF included with the audio, as many of my other books have done so – fiction and nonfiction alike – I wouldn’t have been so annoyed. However, if you're already into mythology, magic, and the occult in general then this book will probably provide little to no new info for you. Special features on aspects of magic, such as oracle bones of ancient China, the Knights Templar, and magic at the movies, and "plants and potions", such as mandrake and belladonna examine topics in great detail.

For language courses it is subject to agreement by the language coordinator conducting level assessment. Dorling Kindersley (DK) is a British multinational publishing company specializing in illustrated reference books for adults and children in 62 languages. This reference book on witchcraft is packed with:- Informative, engaging, and accessible text and lavish illustrations - Special features on aspects of magic, such as oracle bones of ancient China, the Knights Templar, and magic at the movies, and "plants and potions", such as mandrake and belladonna examine topics in great detail- Quick-fact panels that explore magic origins, key figures, key deities, use in spells, structures of religions, and moreThis indispensable witchcraft book explores the common human fascination with spells, superstition, and the supernatural. This doesn’t excuse it entirely, but part of the loss information from the genocides and colonization means we cannot know what was known. It's a great foundation for adults and children alike to figure out which magical practices speak to them as well as a great way to learn the history of modern practices.

Asimismo, nos aporta información extra con un sinfín de imágenes que apoyan el texto y amplían el conocimiento. However, because this book needs to have a physical component and I wasn’t aware of that when I purchased it, it did sort of suck for me as an audiobook.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment