276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KnitPro KP10878 Rainbow Knit BLOCKERS PK20, Assorted

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When pinning out, place the pins around a cm or more in from the edge to minimise this dipping, particularly if you are bringing quite a lot of stretch to the project .

The next pin(s) should go half way across the gaps between pins and so on until you have your straight edges. As the fabric dries, it will retain the size and shape it was pinned to. 6. Seam the Pieces Together Some purists might say absolutely, but honestly I don’t think it’s necessary in every project. It really depends on what it is and what it’s going to be used for. Once the knitting has soaked, carefully lift it out of the basin. Gently squeeze out the excess water without wringing or twisting the fabric.I aim to reassure you too, that it’s not as intimidating as it can seem. And in addition to my normal disclaimer, as I so often find in crochet, there is rarely only one correct approach. Also take care that your pins do not go through the board and scratch or damage the surface underneath. Keep your pins away from pets and children. (My cat likes to try chew on the tops and it terrifies me!)

Once you have allowed the fabric to fully soak, carefully squeeze out the excess water and lay it flat on a towel. Gently roll up the fabric in the towel and give it a soft press to take most of the water out.

Repeat the same process, but lengthwise. Fold the garment in horizontal sections and pull it from top to bottom, stretching out the fabric. At this point, the stitching should start to look a little neater.

This method is recommended for synthetic fibers, wool and animal fibers, and some novelty yarns. It’s not recommended for fabrics knitted with cotton or delicate yarns that may lose their shape when wet.First you will add 1 wire on each side of your project. Then either pin the wires out flat to shape or hang the piece from one of the wires, depending on the shape you’re working with. It is a very effective way to even out tension and, especially for open work, to really show off the pattern. An easy way to start is to place your first pin at the top of the garment in the center. Stretch the work to your desired length, then place your second pin in the bottom center. Next, add two more pins on each side and pin to your chosen width. If you have any particularly large holes, uneven stitches, or mistakes, pull on the surrounding stitches to distribute the yarn more evenly. The precise approach to pinning will depend on the shape and style of the garment you’re working with, but I wanted to include this image to give you an idea.

If the project is exactly the size you need it, avoid stretching it – just lay it flat and smooth any bumps down. 5. Remove the Pins Once the yarn feels moist and relaxed, remove the protective cloth and position the garment according to your knitting pattern. Follow the pinning instructions above to fix it in your desired size and shape. 4. Leave to Dry

You may also like…

If you plan to pin your knitting in place, choose a cushioned flat surface like a yoga mat, ironing board, bath mat, cushion, carpet, or a bed. If your project is small enough, you can even use a corkboard. When pinning out finished garments (rather than flat pattern pieces), you may just want to focus on specific areas which may need more shaping.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment