276°
Posted 20 hours ago

You Are What You Eat: The Plan That Will Change Your Life

£8.815£17.63Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I've bought and or read many new nutritional type books since -- but I 'still' like this book better than many of the newer books out today. I've owned this book for at least 10 years. I was about to refer it to a mother with young kids at home when I realized I never reviewed it. The author really sets out the case of why 'You are what you eat' . A very interesting read, she looks at the entire body and how when even the smallest part of the body eg nail is unhealth it is an indication of sum deficiancy in ones diet.

This book was pretty useless. The information was mostly either really basic ("Eat the good fats and throw out the bad. Good fats can be found in avocados, pumpkin seeds. . . Bad fats are saturated fats, as found in red meats and butter. They are very hard to digest, clog your arteries and led to illness and weight problems."), or it was very specific ("If you have small pimply bumps on the arm, take the following supplements daily: beta-carotene 15mg, B complex 50 g, and EFA 500 mcg."). She also advises food combining (not eating certain foods in the same meal as others, or taking care to have meals include foods from certain categories together), which, I gather from other sources, there is no scientific support for.Discover the very best health and lifestyle secrets behind the legendary hit TV show You Are What You Eat, and get ready to meet the new you . . .

I really gained alot from the book regarding food combination and its effect on digestion, when to drink water so as not to flood digestion. It was also good to be reminded why we need to take suppliments as our diets are insuffienct to supply all the vitamins, minierals that the body needs. section on Deficiencies of the mineral magnesium. Or what to eat for breaking/splitting chipping nails, or tips for shifting the flab...and foods to eat that de-stress... etc etc. In the UK,she presented 'Feel Fabulous Forever' for This Morning on ITV. And her US radio show, Healthline Across America had a loyal following. She has written for a number of publications, including health journals and popular consumer magazines.Gillian graduated from the University of Edinburgh and received her Masters degree from the Ivy-League University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. After a severe bout of personal ill-health and recovery through nutritional medicine, she embarked upon a new path and changed her life. She then spent several years re-training for a Masters and Doctorate (PhD) in Holistic Nutrition from the American Holistic College of Nutrition (USA). She holds Certificates from the London School of Acupuncture and the Kailash Centre of Oriental Medicine. She is currently studying with The Australasian College of Health Sciences, USA. She is a postgraduate member of The Centre For Nutrition Education, England, and is a member of several health organisations in the UK and USA. A lot of what is in this book is kind of obvious. Fruit, veggies, and organic are good for you, yes, we all know this. Some is interesting to consider, and then there's the rest.

I appreciate her use of conventional chinese medicine (ie - the tongue diagnosis) and her pro-organic healthy style, but I think she's taken good ideas and gone over board. A few things in her book are in contradiction to what I've been told by my dietitian. Fine, different ideas are out there. There are cleanses - superfoods- veggies - fruits - raw foods - fresh while foods related to healing and body and maintaining great health -- with very simple suggestions.

Tried, tested and trusted for over fifteen years, You Are What You Eat is the essential companion for changing your relationship with food forever.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment