276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Goodnight Punpun Volume 1-7 Collection 7 Books Set By Inio Asano

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

a b おやすみプンプン / 1. Shogakukan (in Japanese). August 3, 2007. Archived from the original on February 22, 2015 . Retrieved July 25, 2015. In terms of genres, Asano disliked the labeling of the manga as an utsumanga (depressing manga) or surreal, which he felt pigeonholed the manga. Since the manga was serialized in a seinen magazine, Asano created the manga for readers who could accept immorality rather than see the protagonist as a role model. [4] Release [ edit ]

volume set Goodnight Punpun(Shogakukan Young Sunday All 13 volume set Goodnight Punpun(Shogakukan Young Sunday

Oyasumi Punpun". Editorial IVREA (in Spanish). Archived from the original on July 28, 2017 . Retrieved July 28, 2017. Punpun's depiction as a faceless caricature was meant to help readers identify with Punpun and encourage them to keep reading, both when he was depicted as a bird, and in his later forms. [4] Asano also utilized Punpun's simple look for symbolism, [5] like giving him bull horns to represent Altair, the cowherd star, to symbolize his love triangle as the Summer Triangle with Aiko as Vega and Sachi as Deneb. [4] Punpun struggles with a lot of isolation and alienation throughout the books– its depressing to follow his journey go from an innocent and happy youth, to such a disturbed and sad shell of himself. a b "Goodnight Punpun, Vol. 5". Viz Media. Archived from the original on January 8, 2017 . Retrieved January 31, 2017.Like others, I'm posting this review as one for the whole series because getting too deep into each individual volume of Goodnight Punpun would be quite a feat. Ressler, Karen (May 2, 2017). "Goodnight Punpun, Orange, The Osamu Tezuka Story, Princess Jellyfish, Wandering Island Nominated for Eisner Awards". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on May 3, 2017 . Retrieved May 3, 2017. Characters [ edit ] Punpun Onodera ( 小野寺 プンプン, Onodera Punpun) / Punpun Punyama ( プン山 プンプン, Punyama Punpun) A young boy who is most often depicted as a bird, although he is also shown in other forms as his character evolves. When he is feeling confused about life or depressed he consults "God" using a chant his uncle taught him. Aiko Tanaka ( 田中 愛子, Tanaka Aiko) Punpun's primary love interest. Early on, she suggests that she and Punpun run away to Kagoshima. She occasionally takes on the last name Orihara ( 織原). God ( 神, Kami, literally God) A being, displayed as a photographic afro head, that often appears in front of Punpun in his times of need (Punpun "summons" him by saying, "Dear God, Dear God, Tinkle hoy"). Mama Punpun Punpun's mother, depressed and suffering from mood swings and anger issues. She has a very conflicted relationship with Punpun, to whom she gives her last name, Onodera, after she and Punpun's father get divorced. Yūichi Onodera ( 小野寺 雄一, Onodera Yūichi ) Punpun's uncle, a 30-something freeter. Yūichi takes care of Punpun while his mother is in the hospital. Midori Ōkuma ( 大隈 翠, Ōkuma Midori ) Yūichi's girlfriend who runs a cafe. She briefly joins Punpun's family during middle school and helps take care of him and his family. Sachi Nanjō ( 南条 幸, Nanjō Sachi ) A young woman Punpun meets in his young adult life. She is an aspiring manga artist who grows to be one of Punpun's close friends. Masumi Seki ( 関 真澄, Seki Masumi ) One of Punpun's childhood friends, who is a close companion of Shimizu. He is cynical and aloof, but cares deeply for Shimizu. Kō Shimizu ( 清水 コー, Shimizu Kō) One of Punpun's childhood friends. Shimizu has a wild imagination and depends on Seki. He later joins Pegasus' cult. Toshiki Hoshikawa / "Pegasus" ( 星川 敏樹, Hoshikawa Toshiki ) The leader of a cult in Punpun's city and a recurring side character. Mitsuko Tanaka ( 田中 光子, Tanaka Mitsuko) Aiko's mother. A cult member, she is cruel and abusive to her daughter, and shows signs of mental instability. Though she ends up crippled, later chapters suggest this may be an act. Heiroku Shishido ( 宍戸平六, Shishido Heiroku) Punpun's landlord, who becomes his friend. Shuntarō Harumi ( 晴見俊太郎, Harumi Shuntaro) One of Punpun's childhood friends. He becomes an elementary school teacher. Production [ edit ] El final me enojó, me dolió. No podía creer lo que pasaba, pero ahora a la distancia no lo cambiaría, lo aprecio como es.

Inio Asano Goodnight Punpun Volume 1-7 Collection 7 Books Set Inio Asano Goodnight Punpun Volume 1-7 Collection 7 Books Set

In the end, my complain is, the mangaka fails to make the reader identify with any of the characters, just because they're so vile. I'm a depressive, dark and nihilistic guy, and I'm telling you these characters are not real. You can read about a caricatured bird and feel it exists and thinks, but Punpun and the people around him read like a cheap soap opera with long boring useless pseudo-philosophy thrown everywhere. You inevitably get bored by the suicidal ranting, and I became really worried about the mangaka that managed to maintain this for 13 volumes without cutting his wrists. From what I read and understood, I felt that Punpun associated love with all of the wrong things, minus his relationship with Aiko. I truly felt that he loved her in the most genuine way, even if their relationship was incredibly codependent and volatile. That’s when Punpun as a character became the most vocal and the most... idk, motivated? You finally see how deeply he thinks about life and how upsetting he finds it. This manga reminds me of the time when I finished school and didn't have a job, living with my parents and wasting time 24/7. Oh, the thoughts and ideas that went through my head. If someone read my journal, they'd have me committed to a mental institution.What was the point of the Pegasus cult? What purpose did they serve in the long run of this series? Buonanotte Punpun 1". Panini Comics (in Italian). Archived from the original on July 25, 2015 . Retrieved July 25, 2015. Nothing "God" says is helpful, he's outright mean to Punpun at times, and the only way Punpun sought to get rid of this constant presence was to kill him--which meant killing himself. I do not approve of suicide, but "God" here is a real thing that happens. You have these thoughts that don't quite feel like your own, they're terrible, and it's a constant companion that you have. This is a manga you go into it thinking there's some hidden message there, it's 80% made of monologues, and talking to yourself (or God, same thing) unavoidably leads to philosophy, knowing one's self better and all that stuff you do when you have too much free time on your hands and your mind is too rested.

Goodnight Punpun Volume 1,2,3,5,6 Collection 5 Books Set by Goodnight Punpun Volume 1,2,3,5,6 Collection 5 Books Set by

Saving him from bullies, Seki becomes closer to Shimizu. One day when Punpun skips practice, Yaguchi befriends him. In badminton, Punpun's friend Komatsu starts to dominate Yaguichi, who is also suffering from achilles tendinitis. When Punpun confides his feelings for Aiko to Yaguichi, who is torn between his sports career and her, Yaguichi wagers his relationship with Aiko over the result of the upcoming tournament. Yuichi meets Midori, a worker at a coffee shop, who asks him out. Although they get along, Yuichi holds guilt from a past relationship and tries to drive Midori away, but she demands to learn about his past. Yuichi recounts how five years ago he was teaching at a pottery workshop and went on a date with the high school age daughter of one of his students. She revealed to Yuichi that after having had an abortion, she was being kept under house arrest by her mother and requested Yuichi's help. As is usual with Asano's art, his absolute forte lies in his facial expressions. They are incredibly expressive, evoking absolute sorrow, joy, endearment, pity, fear, disgust, boredom. Where they shine, however, is in their subtlety. Some of his expressions have a Mona Lisa quality to them, where you can't tell if the characters are happy or sad, as if the characters themselves are conflicted about how to feel. Oftentimes, Asano will only leave you with a character making a cryptic expression with no explanation of how they might be feeling, and it is up to you to infer how they might be feeling based on context. I always complain about media forsaking the old adage of "show, don't tell" and it's very refreshing to be see Asano allowing us to make up our own mind instead of feeding us forceful sentiments. Shogakukan (in Japanese). December 26, 2009. Archived from the original on July 6, 2013 . Retrieved July 25, 2015.Pardo, Jordi T. (October 30, 2016). "Ganadores Premios XXII Salón del Manga de Barcelona". Zona Negativa (in Spanish). Archived from the original on December 5, 2020 . Retrieved March 31, 2022. Oyasumi Punpun, or Goodnight Punpun in English, is Inio Asano's magnum opus. This is his ultimate masterpiece, and easily one of the best manga of all time. Hands down my absolute favorite. It's hard to review this without spoilers, or at the very least setting expectations. Expectations are important in a book like this, since so much of it subverts or utterly destroys genre conventions. As such, I am entirely avoiding spoilers, but a lot of what I'll say will definitely set expectations. This is a seinen manga like no other; it's a psychological slice-of-life story that eventually turns into a drama, with romance, comedy, and horror elements. Honestly, putting it into any box is a disservice to the uniqueness of this manga. While the plot was about the protagonist and his anxieties, I was loving it. Everything was an internal monologue full of symbolisms around sexual frustration and insecurities about the future. It was more funny and creative than depressing. Es una historia larga y difícil de describir sin spoilearles nada, en la que pasan constantemente distintas situaciones que van cambiando la trama de formas casi impredecibles, sumado que se desarrollan varias historias a la vez, tanto de su familia, amigos y ciudad. Goodnight Punpun ( Japanese: おやすみプンプン, Hepburn: Oyasumi Punpun) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Inio Asano. It was serialized in Shogakukan's Weekly Young Sunday between 2007 and 2008. Later in Weekly Big Comic Spirits from 2008 to 2013, its chapters were collected in thirteen tankōbon volumes. In North America, it was licensed for English release by Viz Media.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment