276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blue Penguin

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This story discusses social rejection based on deviation from the norm, and it depicts the loneliness that results in a very moving way. (Personally, I read the blue penguin as a metaphor for someone who has a birth defect affecting his/her appearance, but the color variation could represent any number of things.) It is a touching, inspirational story that would make the perfect bedtime story, or one for a teacher to read to their class. Get in the Christmas spirit early with this stunningly illustrated book by award-winning illustrator Petr Horacek. [...] A charming and engaging book about friendship, understanding and belonging, this heart-warming story is just the thing to help promote positive behaviour in your young child and send him soundly off to sleep. Junior It was I who called you. I dreamed of you and wished you would come to take me away from my loneliness."

Blue Penguin Book - Etsy UK Blue Penguin Book - Etsy UK

So Blue Penguin is all alone and sad, and that's when he starts having dreams about the white whale. 'Look sharp, all of ye! There are whales here-abouts! If ye see a white one, split your lungs for him!' It is precisely at this moment that the white whale from Blue Penguin's dreams arrives. The other penguins ask Blue Penguin not to leave and apologize for their treatment of him. Blue Penguin decides to remain at the South Pole and thanks the white whale for coming for him. After the whale departs, Blue Penguin begins to teach the penguins his new song about friendship. Then one evening Blue Penguin turned to Little Penguin. "It's time we sing a new song," he said. "I will teach you." A heart-warming fable about friendship and belonging from the award-winning illustrator Petr Horacek. Parent TalkGroup acceptance within the story hinges on seeing how someone is the same rather than different. I wish the other penguins would have decided to accept Blue Penguin because they realized the error of their ways rather — perhaps through Blue Penguin’s relationship with Little Penguin — than because they discovered he had a special ability. Nevertheless, his finally being embraced by his group was heartwarming. Horacek's textured, colour-rich artwork creates dramatically beautiful Antarctic scenes while the little penguin is a charmer. Books for Keeps Not sure what he would have done with the whale or where exactly she would have taken him, anyway. Was this a metaphor for committing suicide? I don't know. Now we start the problems. One of them is this whale Blue Penguin starts dreaming about. Another is how he turns into a sad little dramatic emo boy. Far away, near the South Pole, a blue penguin as born ... 'Are you a real penguin?' asked the other penguins. 'I feel like a penguin,' said Blue Penguin ... 'But you're not like us,' said the other penguins."

Book Party: Writing Blue Penguin by Petr Horáček Picture Book Party: Writing Blue Penguin by Petr Horáček

Every night the penguin would dream about a big whale coming to take him away from his lonely place. In the morning he would sing a song to the whale. Then another little penguin heard him sing and over time she made friends with the penguin. Then the other penguins heard his songs, and they wanted to be his friends too. Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical MomentsYou should see this image I have in my head. Singing your made up song about your white whale savior and going dramatically up a cliff to sing it across the sea all sad-like and all the penguins are listening to you!? Please. *rolls eyes* The dream-like quality of the illustrations and the evocation of snowy isolation make this a very special book and one to be treasured, as its message of friendship is so beautifully and magically conveyed. A stunning Christmas present Daily Mail Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - A penguin is born with a rare color mutation. Despite the fact that he does the same penguin things as everyone else in his colony, he is still an outcast. The pictures are gorgeous, and in my opinion they are the only thing that saves this book from being one star.

Blue Penguin | Centre for Literacy in Primary Education - CLPE

Blue Penguin made up a song about the white whale from his dream. Each morning, he sang it across the ocean. Petr Horacek is a fine storyteller and illustrator, and this is well up to standard. [...] This is another delightful book from a multi-talented author. The School Librarian Petr Horacek's dreamy Blue Penguin [is] a nice enough story, but what really makes this book sing are Horacek's amazing illustrations, all ice and snow with occasional vivid sightings of an orange-coloured sun. The Independent on Sunday For Classroom Study: Visit Penguin Random House Education to search for our newest Penguin Classics or dive deeper into our catalogs. Here are 75 answers to that question selected by the editors of Penguin Classics for our 75 th anniversary. We hope these selections, some familiar and some surprising, guide you through a reader’s odyssey.I don't even know if this is what Petr Horáček was trying to get at, honestly. He says, "I had a friend who didn't quite fit in with others, and I found him rather inspiring." So... ??? The artistry is amazing, it can only be described as what looks like pastel drawings, which creates these beautiful, appealing pictures with an overtone of the biting antarctic winds.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment