276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zenith Industries ZN700001 Trim Puller

£14.4£28.80Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This 10-in-1 vehicle trim removal tool is suitable for the following tasks: moulding trim and badge remover, windscreen wiper wrench, door rubber – metal clip insert, door weather strip remover, door trim – Bezel clip remover, door handle clip remover, headlamp spring clip tool, windscreen moulding clip remover, door rubber – plastic clip remover, serrated edge to clean up panel seam. SIDE NOTE: If you don’t break through the caulk, it will make removing the trim more difficult because the caulk secures the trim to the wall. You can see what I mean in this tutorial where we apply caulk to a baseboard. STEP 2: Use the trim puller You are installing new floors. In this case, you might want to reuse the baseboards to save money. You don’t need to remove the baseboards for all types of flooring but it looks more professional when you do.

Now that the baseboard is finally unglued from the wall, floor or another board, it’s time to use your trim puller. Align the trim puller between the baseboard and drywall (this will be where you just ran your razor blade). Repeat along the length of the trim you’re removing, specifically where there are nails holding the trim in place, until the trim comes completely loose. Take extra care to pry carefully if your baseboards have been adhered to the wall with any type of glue. I never heard of a TRIM PULLER. I will buy one and test your system. Final results will be forthcoming.There are a lot of diverse skills needed when it comes to auto repair and restoration — and for everyone, there seems to be a different tool. Some jobs require a jeweler’s finesse, like detail work and engine tuning. Other jobs like tire changes need a strong arm. Before you can remove your trim or baseboard, find the area where the trim connects with the wall, another board, door jamb, etc. Then, run a razor blade along the joint. By doing this, you will help prevent additional damage to those areas.

Without gloves, working a metal pry bar for an extended period can be painful. To make the process more comfortable and the grip more ergonomic, this option from Estwing is ideal. It has a rubber holder wrapped around its base, adding cushion and reducing slip. Another plus? Its specialized end can pull up nails that have lost their heads, avoiding the scramble for pliers or another tool. You don’t like them. This means you probably don’t care how they come off the wall, pieces would probably make you happy! But then, your wall would be a mess, so you still need to be careful. Compact and EfficientThis compact trim removal tool kit includes five well-chosen tools that can handle any job.

SIDE NOTE: If you hit a nail or your trim is smaller than the puller, stop hammering and continue to the next part of this step. At Milwaukee®, Heavy Duty is more than just a slogan. It is a promise to offer the best to professional users.

The Milwaukee M18™ cordless system offers more than 255 performance-driven solutions for heavy duty applications. Ergonomic DesignYou'll find this trim removal tool kit is quite versatile and can be used on boats, as well as RVs and other vehicles. You could technically leave baseboards in place and install laminate that butts up against the baseboard. However, that is not the proper way to install laminate and I highly recommend removing baseboards before installing new flooring. Painting – No, Not NecessaryYou don’t need to remove baseboards or trim for every project (like painting), but there are two reasons you might need to: I knew there had to be an easier way to remove baseboards without damaging them or the walls. I found out how to do it and now you can too! I have had this little workhorse for many years,” wrote one reviewer who was trying to find the same one for their son. “I searched online and found this beauty at an incredible price. It will be in his roll bag for the rest of his life. This is a must-have tool for a carpenter and will last a lifetime.” Use the putty knife to carefully and slowly scrape the wall where the caulking was previously located.

TIP: The Trim Puller is designed to rotate left or right to remove trim, not up and down, like a pry bar.

If your trim is painted, you most likely have caulk applied in this joint. You need to run the razor blade until it looks like you have broken through the caulk. Strong POM construction for removal of upholstery, clips, trims, mouldings and wheel hubs. Sturdy design for maximum leverage. Prevents scratches or damage to panels. Supplied in a handy storage wallet. The bar is strong; it didn’t flex a bit when removing even the most stubborn boards,” wrote a reviewer who was working with rotting boards. “Even better, it has nail-pulling holes which allows you to easily remove the nails left behind as you go.” Of course, if you don’t want to buy a new tool, you can remove baseboards with a putty knife, pry bar, and hammer (we’ve done that!) but this tool is inexpensive and will save you a lot of frustration. Why would you need to remove baseboards?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment