276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stay Out of the Basement (Goosebumps)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whatever happens you should not go venturing into the basement. There's where strange things reside. Trina O'Dell's father Mr. O'Dell used to be a famous ventriloquist, but now he only collects and refurnishes old ventriloquist dolls in his spare time. He finds Slappy in the trash and adds him to his collection. After reading the words that come with Slappy, not only does the evil dummy comes to life, but so does his entire collection. Several screenshots from this episode are featured on a bulletin board in the video game Goosebumps Dead of Night. The episode closes with Dr. Marek leaving, thanking Mrs. Brewer for saving him. He also thanks Margaret and Casey for defeating the evil clone. Dr. Brewer and Margaret help Dr. Marek leave. When she's alone, a plant in the family's yard grabs onto Margaret's hand and whispers to her, saying "I'm your father" followed by all of the other plants next to it.

After visiting an abandoned house said to be haunted, Sammy Jacobs soon gets a new friend a boy named Brent whom no one (not even Sammy) can see. They were warned. They have only themselves to blame for what they find out. Or find out for the last time.This was predictably safe reading - though criticizing it for that feels a little unfair, given the age group that it's for. But still, I think it's valid. I mean, when you find the clothes of a person that came to your house and you never actually saw leave... there's a logical conclusion that one comes to. And kidnapping isn't it. WHY remove the clothes and hide them? I feel like it was included that way to amp up the tension and danger, but Stine couldn't go the full monty and actually kill someone off. Plus, then the happy ending wouldn't be possible. And there MUST be a happy ending. Cooper Holmes and his new friend Fergie, are stalked by 2 ghost dogs who haunt the woods and produce a bone-chilling bark. This book is undeniably kitschy, and then - BOOM! - the author drops some serious science into the mix: DNA, genome mapping, reproductive isolation, genetic modification and transgenics. These topics are explored in simpler terms, but they're nonetheless present:

R.L. Stine selected Stay Out of the Basement to be one of the first Goosebumps books to be adapted for an episode, as he wanted to ensure that his favorites were made into television episodes. i laughed more than i got creeped out this was so fun. if my dad had told me to stay out of the basement when i was a kid i’m damn sure going to disobey my unhealthy amount of curiosity and stay out of the basement. especially if he’s a mad scientist. Sooooo... Book two. I liked this story quite a bit more than the series opening book. It had some issues, but on the whole, it was a better story and made a hell of a lot more sense than Welcome to Dead House. Out on a day trip, the Morris family get lost on their way to Zoo Gardens and end up in a theme park called Horrorland which is run by monsters called Horrors.

I liked it. I had some issues with it, but as a whole it was good. I probably won't reread ever, but there is a chance I might finish the series. (If part of one) But if not it's not a huge loss.

In the 2008 video game Goosebumps HorrorLand, this book's cover art is used for one of the monster cards that can be collected in the game.On vacation on the Caribbean island of Ilandra, Billy Deep is rescued from the jaws of a great hammerhead shark by a mermaid who is targeted by Billy's uncle Dr. George Deep for scientific experiments about rare sea life. The episode opens with Mrs. Brewer leaving for the airport to visit a relative. She leaves Casey and Margaret alone for the weekend with their father, Dr. Brewer. Dr. Brewer is obsessed with plants and has secret experiments going on in the basement. Mrs. Brewer, Margaret, and Casey have been instructed to stay out of the basement for unexplained reasons. The relationship between Margaret and her little brother are on par for most siblings, and the story builds to a twist that seems predictable as an adult but was mind-blowing as a child. To top it all of, the conclusion is slightly unsettling.

R. L. Stine began his writing career when he was nine years old, and today he has achieved the position of the bestselling children's author in history. In the early 1990s, Stine was catapulted to fame when he wrote the unprecedented, bestselling Goosebumps® series, which sold more than 250 million copies and became a worldwide multimedia phenomenon. His other major series, Fear Street, has over 80 million copies sold. Harry Altman and his brother Alex Altman go to Camp Spirit Moon where the campers turn out to be ghosts who want to use Harry and Alex's bodies to escape. Alright, done with my issues with it I swear I did like this book! I enjoyed the plant people aspect of it, the kids being kids (apart from Casey annoying me), and the sense of horror. I found it pretty predictable (though that's because A I saw it as a kid and B i'm an adult, not the target audience, so I don't say that as a bad thing) and the ending actually laughable (but again, that's me). I know child-me would have loved this, and that's the point of it!I liked this book a lot better than WELCOME TO DEAD HOUSE. The writing is better, the characters are actually a bit developed, and the storyline itself is more compelling. Who didn't enjoy being creeped out by INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS? Steve Boswell goes to the mask shop that Carly Beth went to in the first book and buys an old man mask to scare the little kids he is forced to coach in school as punishment for a prank from before and much like Carly Beth in the first book, Steve finds out that the mask he bought is bent on warping the personality of anyone who wears it for too long.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment