276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Makita DHP458Z 18V Li-Ion LXT Combi Drill - Batteries and Charger Not Included

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Any experience on these two units? With the Brushless 481 being almost double the price - is it twice as good? the 458 seems like a solid allrounder? both seems on the heavy side however I must say. I can fit my angle grinder into the same drill case. I needed to push in the one bulge in the lid (using a B&D heatgun ) - circled in the picture. Nice and compact, and has enough spare drill bits, disks, and even a spare chain for my chain saw. The charger and 2 batteries have their spot in the middle. I currently have a Impact diver (dtd152) and a Rotary Hammer Drill (DHR202), so I don't want to switch to another brand as I already have a Makita battery and charger.

David is a renewables and ventilation installer, with over 35 years experience, and is a long-standing contributor to Homebuilding and Renovating magazine. He is a member of the Gas Safe Register, has a Masters degree in Sustainable Architecture, and is an authority in sustainable building and energy efficiency, with extensive knowledge in building fabrics, heat recovery ventilation, renewables, and also conventional heating systems. He is also a speaker at the Homebuilding & Renovating Show.

Contact support

After almost 17 years of faultless service from my Makita cordless, it is taking some strain (gearbox and batteries) and in need for a replacement. The DHP484 has a brushless motor, brushless motors are designed to deliver power more efficiently, this helping the battery to last longer. Brushless motors last longer than brushed motors, giving the tool a longer life. I'm slowly looking for replacement and would like to go brushless as my other makita tools are, however there's nothing really new from Makita range , only the DHP481z which is like 3years old and is their top of the line drill currently. The DHP484 has slightly better RPM, this will help give it better performance in general drilling and if using as a screwdriver. However, 100 RPM difference between the two will not be that noticeable with most tasks. I have a Hitachi that worked very hard over the last 10 years. Served me very well. Planning to replace it soon and will go for the makita brushless.

Makita DHP458RFJ 18v Cordless Compact 2-Speed Combi Drill with 2x 3.0Ah Batteries & Charger in Makpac Type 2 Carry Case i am not familiar with the Hilti Cordless Drills but the SF 8M-A22 does seem like a very nice unit! I have a lot of knowledge on general property maintenance that I would like to share. I have been involved in property maintenance for the last 22 years and have gained a wide range of knowledge on various topics that come under property maintenance. The DHP458Z has significantly more power, more drilling capabilities, increased robustness and added extras such as a depth stop and side handle, making the DHP458Z an all round winner if you're looking for the perfect combi to add to your collection. MAKDHP458Z FEATURESThere is also the facility to use a clamp on grip handle (included with the drill) for two handed operation and added stability. The Makita DHP458 replaces the BHP458 and is compatible with all Makita 18v slide-on li-ion batteries. The DHP458 cordless combi drill / driver is an extremely compact tool with an overall length of 225mm the shortest in its class with high power and productivity achieved with new DC motor (FD31-30). The DHP458 has enhanced dust and drip-proof performance to ensure reliable operation. The Makita DHP458 cordless combi drill / driver is an extremely compact tool with an overall length of 225mm the shortest in its class with high power and productivity achieved with new DC motor (FD31-30). The DHP458 has enhanced dust and drip-proof performance to ensure reliable operation. DHP458Z vs DHP456Z is it a serious improvement over the 458 with it being brushless and the power output being bumped up from 88 to 115nm, or it's more or less the same stuff just a tiny bit better? what other differences , pros&cons there are? The better drill is the Makita DHP484, it has better specs, more compact and has a brushless motor. If having the best possible spec from the two is important, then the Makita DHP484 is the one to go for.

Yup the 458 drains batteries rather fast, Don't think I can even mix 3batches of plaster when 4ah battery is already drained, but other than that I have had no complains. If I was a rich man, then Festool, otherwise Makita or Bosch. Buy what you need, not what your heart desires. Makita is well known for quality tools with crap batteries. Usage includes rather extensive home and light industrial use from time to time. Not full time every day which in my view is where the brushless 481 motor is probably the better option. In terms of usage requirements - general drilling and driving screws. Require it to do masonry work, steel up 5 mm and wood up to 32mm I guess. The Makita DHP484 and DHP485 are very popular mid-range Makita combi drills. Both are excellent combi drills, but you may be wondering what is the difference between Makita DHP484 and DHP485?Perhaps one last question from me - I have the option of higher torque brushed motor versus lower torque brushless motor on the Makita - I have zero experience with the BL motors. The Makita DHP484 has better blows per minute, this helps give it better performance when in hammer mode drilling into masonry.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment