276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Room on the Broom

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Room on the Broom has a delightful rhyme that almost sounds like song, or music - any picture book that rhymes like this is a pleasure to read out loud. The story just flows so well, it's fun to read, and pleasurable to the ear. Doesn't stop a kid from interrupting, though! Anyone with small children (and older ones too, I'm sure) will be familiar with Julia Donaldson, in particular The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child, which - along with Room on the Broom - have been made into animated films that regularly show on the ABC. My son, at three, enjoys the books but finds the movies too scary - he's still young like that. The book was made into an audiobook narrated by Josie Lawrence and adapted for the stage by Tall Stories Theatre Company in 2008, and has toured around the United Kingdom and the rest of the world since then. Following the resounding success of my Locus Quest, I faced a dilemma: which reading list to follow it up with? Variety is the spice of life, so I’ve decided to diversify and pursue six different lists simultaneously. This book falls into my BEDTIME STORIES list.

I really enjoy writing verse, even though it can be fiendishly difficult. I used to memorise poems as a child and it means a lot to me when parents tell me their child can recite one of my books.It was first published by Macmillan in 2001 ( ISBN 9780803726574) and since been made into an animated film, narrated by Simon Pegg and starring the voices of Martin Clunes, Rob Brydon, Sally Hawkins, David Walliams, Gillian Anderson and Timothy Spall. The animated film was nominated for an Academy Award for best short animated film in 2013. [3]

Noisy books aside, this is the best. He likes to point at the witch and the cat and the dog and the bird and the frog. He likes to mimic the dramatic, booming, Brian Blessed-esque voice I used for the ' down came the broom' line, around which each verse hinges. This fun (and a little bit spooky!) collection of witch and animal themed resources is perfect for exploring Julia Donaldson’s popular story, Room on the Broom, with early years children. Planning your lessons around a familiar story is a great way to engage and excite your class and add a splash of magic to your lessons - especially in the run-up to Halloween! If you think your children might like to become magical witches or flying animals, why not plan a fun topic using these exciting Room on the Broom activities? Early years children will love using their imaginations as they brew up magic potions using this Potion Recipe Writing Frame and this Magic Cauldron Playdough Mat… Made by practitioners, for each area of learning in the EYFS.

Stick Man pairs game

A companion offering to actor Duff’s My Little Brave Girl (2021) with sound, sensitive advice from parents to children on their journey through childhood. A witch and her cat fly around on a broom and the witch accidentally drops some of her things. Other animals on the ground return her items to her and ask for a ride on the broom. The witch says yes to them all, but is there room for all of these new friends?

Though directed at sons, the guidance presented is sensible for kids of all genders navigating life. If the animals knew that the witch could not make room on her broom for them, do you think they still would have helped her?

On TV

And you can never get them started on fantasy too young - good witches and bad dragons - perfect! We'll get him reading Tolkien before he's ten... My real breakthrough was THE GRUFFALO, again illustrated by Axel. We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes. I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him). Maths: We have range Room on the Broom activities covering Numbers and Shape, Space and Measure, all with a fun witchy twist! Get started with this colourful Addition Worksheet. Why did the witch let the animals on her broom? Would you have made room on the broom for the animals?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment