276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Glucose Goddess Method: Your four-week guide to cutting cravings, getting your energy back, and feeling amazing. With 100+ super easy recipes

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But I was interested to read this new book and see if a few tweaks to my eating habits could indeed make a difference to my overbearing sweet tooth which always seems to be my Achilles heel. Jessie Inchauspé is a French biochemist, bestselling author, and founder of the Glucose Goddess movement. Why you should care, why it impacts every aspect of our lives, from cravings to fertility to type 2 diabetes, and 10 science-backed hacks to manage it.

When we blend fruit into a smoothie, the blades of the blender pulverize the fiber particles of the fruit, and the fiber is less useful in preventing a spike. But because metabolic processes take hours to unfold, compound over time and become mixed with all the other things that happen in a day, connecting the dots takes a bit of detective work – at least until we get the hang of it. Whilst I love how Jessie lays down the science in simplistic terms in this book and gives lots of practical examples and tips from her Glucose Goddess community. If, as soon as we ate that bowl of cereal, we were to have a panic attack then fall asleep at the table, we’d get it.

The worst breakfast options, according to Inchauspé, are cereal or sweet delights, like chocolate croissants or fruit smoothies.

Even though glucose (found in starches and sugars) is our body's main energy source, if we eat too much of it during a meal, our body releases insulin to get rid of the excess. Having a sweet treat at the end of a meal will minimize the glucose spike and even bring down your levels (see graph above).

One size fits all approaches to diet are never appropriate, as we all have individual needs and requirements. If we have too much glucose in our system, we put on weight, feel tired and hungry all the time, have skin breakouts, develop wrinkles, and our hormonal balance suffers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment