276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Arthur and Teddy Are Coming Out: The uplifting, feel-good read of 2023

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A joyful, big-hearted story about family, friendship and finding your place in the world' Freya Sampson, author of The Last Chance Library

When 79-year-old Arthur Edwards gathers his family together to share some important news, no one is prepared for the bombshell he drops: he's gay, and after a lifetime in the closet, he's finally ready to come out. Clare thought that by now she would have her life figured out. Instead, she's living with her parents, working a job she hates and has absolutely no idea what she wants to do with the rest of her life. Best Books Set in the 1920s — from Stories That Shimmer with Champagne and Social Change, to Rip-roaring Reads Covering Crime, Colonialism and Beyond. Elizabeth, Teddy's mom and Arthur's daughter, is the absolute WORST, terribly homophobic, and everyone is way too understanding of her homophobia so she never has to show even a shred of accountability for her behavior Arthur and Teddy Are Coming Out is a very sweet, somewhat predictable but always heartwarming story with an eye-catching cover about two men; elderly gentleman Arthur and his 22 year old grandson Teddy, both of whom are gay and are finding the right moment to come out and live as their true, authentic selves.The problem I have with some things getting skipped or not getting enough explanation is that this story, even though it's feel-good, handles really serious problems. They need attention, explanation, and time in this story. So, you can say the pacing felt a bit off.

Arthur’s grandson, Teddy, is also learning to embrace his sexuality. They are both beautifully written characters, both vulnerable and relatable in their own ways. You can’t help falling in love with Teddy and Arthur. The two POVs weave perfectly throughout and the supporting cast of characters (especially Oscar and Madeleine) are expertly crafted. That's what I mean when I say that this book makes you feel a lot of things. It makes you think and wonder, it makes you sad, happy, maybe even angry at times, but that rollercoaster of emotions is worth it.The feel-good read of 2023. Perfect for fans of Mike Gayle, Beth O’Leary and Alice Oseman’s Heartstopper. Arthur and Teddy Are Coming Out is a wonderful and uplifting read that gave me all the warm fuzzy feelings. Too often, queer literature is enjoyed only by the LGBT+ community, but this is a novel ready to be loved by the masses.' Too often, queer literature is enjoyed only by the LGBT+ community, but this is a novel ready to be loved by the masses.’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The other characters add real texture. It’s so hard to judge Ben accurately, making him fascinating, and Madeleine is a complete joy. I loved the way Shakeel’s presence bubbles along so that he helps define Teddy in the reader’s mind.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment