276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The House Across the Street

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Craig says: "As a parent, I find it very difficult to hear about reports of real-life cases, I always turn the television or radio off. But this isn’t just a series about a missing child, it’s also a thriller about unhealthy obsession!" Who's Who — a brief guide to the main characters in The House Across The Street Irish actor Ian-Lloyd Anderson, who plays Owen, said: “This job was lovely because we filmed near Dublin, which meant I could go home every night.

At the end, Emily’s body was found. Camera crews descended to report on the tragedy. Raw and bereft, Claudia surveyed the scene through tears. Was she crying because she had hoped to find Emily alive? Or did her pain come from somewhere darker? “I just don’t want it to be over,” she told a reporter. “Not yet.” But how many episodes of The House Across the Street are there? Here's the lowdown. How many episodes of The House Across the Street are there on Channel 5? Shirley says: "Claudia initially recognises the sadness in these parents who have lost their daughter. I don’t think she really knows she’s becoming obsessively involved, though. Maybe if she just sat down properly and thought, what on earth am I doing, she’d see it. But there’s something pulling her in. She also hasn’t got anybody to talk to about it, so it begins to emotionally affect her." Craig says: "I found it immediately intriguing. When I read the scripts, I initially thought it was going to be one thing, and then it morphed into something else completely. Also Shirley is one of my favourite actors, so as soon as her name was mentioned I couldn’t turn the job down!"Shirley Henderson, known for her roles in Harry Potter and Bridget Jones, will lead the cast as the lead character Claudia. Claudia has a very complicated story, she is recovering from cancer and struggling to build a relationship with her son. The House Across the Street is not based on a true story and is not originally a book. Here is everything we know about the drama. Claudia finds herself obsessed with the investigation, even organizing a vigil, raising money for the girl’s parents, Owen and Sabine, and helping Owen get home when she finds him drunk and in despair. There will be four hour-long episodes of The House Across the Street, with the first airing on Monday, October 17 at 9pm on Channel 5 and My5. The second episode will then air the following day (Tuesday, October 18) at 9pm, with the final two instalments showing next week. Line of Duty's Craig Parkinson and Harry Potter star Shirley Henderson lead the cast of an all new Channel 5 drama series. The House Across the Street focuses on a missing child and a mother longing to be reconnected.

The final episodes will air next week on Monday, October 24 and Tuesday, October 25 at the same time. The synopsis for the new Channel 5 drama reads: “Her [Claudia's] opportunity to be a hero comes when a young child in her community – Emily Winter – goes missing. Claudia becomes embroiled in the case and fixated on uncovering the truth. The second episode will air at 9pm on Tuesday, October 18 and then the drama will return to screens on Monday, October 24, and Tuesday, October 25 for the final two episodes. The House Across The Street follows Claudia, a lonely single mother. Recovering from breast cancer while working as a school nurse, Claudia’s days appear bleak. Shirley says: "Sometimes I’d sit on the pavement between scenes just to get my thoughts together and run the lines in my head. Wondering how to bring to life a character that has lots of emotional scenes is always challenging, but getting to have magic moments with such a brilliant cast and crew made it all worthwhile!"Frantic parents Owen and Sabine are played by Ian-Lloyd Anderson and Lisa Dwyer Hogg (Image credit: Channel 5) Interviews: Shirley Henderson and Craig Parkinson on their starring roles No trailer has been released yet by Channel 5 for The House Across The Street. The House Across The Street plot

Craig says: "George is recently separated from an unhappy marriage. He’s a good, loving dad, who’s trying to make a new start. He doesn’t know that many people in the area, but he begins a friendship with Claudia that turns, he believes, into a sort of relationship." Emily’s mum Sabine has secretly been struggling in her marriage to Owen, which isn’t as rosy as it seems from the outside. But when the police investigation takes a dramatic turn, Sabine and Claudia strike up an unlikely friendship. Claudia gets suspicious of her neighbours when the search becomes a murder investigation. But is she looking in the right places or is the truth staring her in the face? Is there a trailer for The House Across The Street?When she hears about a local girl, Emily Winter, who has gone missing she seizes her opportunity to become a hero and make some friends. Soon Claudia becomes embroiled in the case and grows fixated on uncovering the truth. But not only is she determined to find out what happened to Emily, she's also becoming obsessed with the Winter family at the center of the case — Emily’s devastated father Owen, her cold mother Sabine, and her 12-year-old brother, Dean. There are just four episodes in The House Across the Street, mirroring the amount seen in recent BBC hits Inside Man and The Capture season 2. Whilst this might not sound like a lot, there’s plenty of time to build up suspicion as Claudia’s investigation journeys towards what looks set to be an emotional conclusion. New Channel 5 dark crime drama The House Across the Street has an impressive cast and will follow the sudden disappearance of a young child from a small community and the woman obsessed with finding her. The cast features stars from Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, and Line of Duty. Shirley Henderson leads the cast of The House Across the Street, a brand new Channel 5 drama. The Harry Potter star plays Claudia, a lonely single mother and school nurse longing for connection.

Overly friendly neighbour Joanne is initially at the heart of the community search for Emily. But the harsh way she treats her disabled son, Simon, and her strange collection of life-like dolls leads Claudia to suspect her involvement in Emily’s disappearance.The House Across the Street cast is led by Scottish star Shirley Henderson, who’s known for everything from Trainspotting to Bridget Jones’s Diary and, of course, as the iconic and ever-melancholic Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter films. She plays Claudia, who has survived a battle with cancer and feels distant from her son, whom she co-parents with ex-husband Leon. The House Across the Street is full of characters nursing ulterior motives, most of which are yet to be revealed. Joanne’s emotional investment in the disappearance rivalled Claudia’s, and the revelation of her creepy doll collection in a garden shed (“this is my happy place”) only made her more unsettling. Claudia (Shirley Henderson) is the school nurse and neighbour of the missing child. She has just recovered from breast cancer, her ex-husband has a new partner and a baby on the way, and she is losing connection with her teenage son. Claudia becomes creepily over-involved in the case, and we’re left to work out if that’s because she has something to do with it, or whether she’s just lonely and desperate to feel needed. The other suspects include George (Line of Duty’s Craig Parkinson, an actor with the charisma to lift every show he’s in), who arrives at the school to teach adult literacy; Joanne (Sara Powell), a nosy neighbour who appears to relish the drama; and the mother and father of the missing girl, because aren’t we conditioned not to trust the parents in these cases? This means she is looking to find an emotional connection elsewhere and becomes a prominent figure when local child Emily Winter goes missing as she leads the search and finds a sense of purpose. However soon her involvement embroils her in the mystery.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment