276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Cornish Midwife: The top 10 bestselling uplifting escapist read from Jo Bartlett (The Cornish Midwife Series Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although I can't say much more, this is not a sob story, but an inspiring, delightful, and beautiful HEA story, so go grab it. Eager for the latest visit to the midwives I pre it. Having read a preview for this instalment - I began reading with an uneasy feeling.

the Cornish Midwife: The uplifting A Change of Heart for the Cornish Midwife: The uplifting

This latest Cornish Midwife story is well up to the standards of its predecessors. In addition to the ongoing romances amongst the team, there are some darker themes when some characters and patients are faced with some serious health issues which are life changing. Facing up to such news and recalibrating your expectations for their lives proves to be a challenge for some and adds a certain bite to the story. The characters are the best part of the Cornish Midwife series. Each installment in the series focuses on a character who works as a midwife in the community and faces a personal life crisis. In this story, Ella faces a difficult health diagnosis and life with a disability. We witness her fear, resiliency, and determination. I read some critics about Ella not accepting help, I think this can happen as you don’t want pity and want to be treated like a “normal” person. That said I’m always happy to travel to Cornwall and catch up with the midwives, as lovely as usual.Another lovely instalment in the Cornish Midwife series. The book works as a standalone, but I would suggest reading the previous books if you can as it's such a good series!

the Cornish Midwife - Goodreads A Change of Heart for the Cornish Midwife - Goodreads

And my tears flowed a lot of the time reading this book, the author has done a superb job, this book is definitely a heart breaker. In addition to themes common to midwifery, pregnancy, and delivery of babies, other thoughtful themes include women supporting women, slow-burn romance, family support, moving forward, health issues, and close-knit community. A Change of Heart for the Cornish Midwife is heavier in tone than the other books (in my opinion) because the main character faces a difficult health diagnosis and a physical disability. The romance is already established for this couple in the first book of the series, but this story causes us to wonder what will happened when they are faced with a life challenge. It’s ok for Ella and Dan to reconcile and readers would be glad of that . However giving them the chance to talk privately and listen attentively to each other would do better than having five people lecture Ella into staying with him. It's a very real tale, of dealing with a difficult diagnosis. But it's also a tale of resilience, of a woman's journey from denial, and anger to final acceptance of her life as it is and learning to live with what she has. The latest installment in this series. I'd not suggest this be the first you read. While good as someone who has read all the others and know the history, I enjoyed it. But it is really not a romance at all and focuses on the issues around disability and learning to move on in life when you or a loved one has a degenerative disease diagnosis.I do not want to spoil it by elaborating but this overshadowed the early chapters and then it became more annoying. I’m sure from the prologue it is believable but just went on too long and the conclusion was an “at last” moment! How is this already the seventh book in the series? I've been on board from the very first book and I've enjoyed them all immensely.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment