276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Monstersaurus!

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Think about the ingredients that Monty might need for one of his inventions. How much of each item will you need? Can you use these to make some word problems involving weight / capacity / ratio? I had a variety of jobs, including secretary, trainee buyer at Harrods, dental nurse, production assistant in a reprographic and printing company and various others.

I began to write after joining a creative writing class. I had no success with article writing, or short stories, or fiction, but the first children’s story I wrote, for a magazine called Twinkle, was accepted for publication. Hooray!!!The monsters ‘scarpered’. Think of other ways that monsters might move. Can you make a list of suitable words to describe this? This fantastic rhyming story - with hilarious pictures of aliens and, well, underpants -is simply pantastic!" Galaxy British Book Awards 2008

Find examples of adjectives that are used to describe the monsters (e.g. swampy, wobbly, slobbery, hairy). Can you think of any other adjectives? Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing -

The Aliens Love Underpants pair have dreamed up a big, bold thriller ofa picture book… this is a guaranteed favourite.” - Daily Mail Find out about scientists and inventors. Could you write a report about a famous scientist / inventor?

The seafront is (still) just around the corner, and I find a bracing walk (it gets freezing when the East wind blows from the North Sea!) or gentle stroll when the weather is warmer, is great for clearing my head and mulling over story ideas. Write a report about one of Monty’s monsters. Where does it live? How is it adapted to live there? Does it have any special abilities? What does it eat? This introductory book to a new series from the creators of Aliens Love Underpants is perfect for capturing the imagination of fans of The Gruffalo." - Booktrust For me, writing is the best job ever. I couldn’t imagine myself doing anything else. I love to create worlds for young children to enjoy and escape into – whether the stories are educational, bedtime, problem solving or just plain good fun. It’s also very exciting to see the first picture roughs, as my wonderful, talented illustrators bring the text to life. There are lots of examples of onomatopoeia in the story. Can you find them all? Can you think of any more?

I live on the Essex coast in a lovely two-bed-roomed flat, which I share with my husband, Michael. At long last I have an office to write in, with room for all my books and bits of scribbled on papers. My three-year-old son Ezra ... says that he finds its attempt at post-ironicsubversion of the sci-fi genre tiresome yet addictive. The things they say!" DavidBaddiel, The Times Things snowballed and a lot (yes lots and lots) of hard work later I now write full time and have over 50 books published. I still go to the same writing class and we have become a big happy family of writers!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment