276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gits Dosai Mix, 500 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to Chandra Padmanabhan, author of Dosai, a collection of 100 recipes for different varieties, dosas are “ a popular breakfast meal in all of the four states of south India”, a fact confirmed by Indian friends, who concede that perhaps occasionally you might have them for “brunch or lunch in restaurants, but never dinner” (a statement some busy street-food sellers might dispute), yet to my mind they’re utterly delicious at any time of day and with all sorts of fillings, from the traditional to Sohla El-Waylly’s “grilled cheeses, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, breakfast burritos and, when no one is looking, an epic pizzadilla”. After the first one or two dosas the griddle could overheat so reduce the temperature to medium or medium high heat and continue making the dosas. Made with goodness of 100% natural ragi, it can be a perfect option for both dieters and non-dieters.

Add all of the rice and one cup of the water that the rice soaked in to the grinder and grind for 20 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth but gritty. It is important to add cold water, as we don’t want the batter to heat up as that can hinderproper fermenting. Use this batter to make a variety of dosas like Mysore Dosa, Mexican Dosa, Paneer Chilly Dosa, Palak Cheese Dosa and many more.Serve the Spinach And Coriander Dosa along with coconut chutneyfor a wholesome breakfast or a quick weeknight dinner. Each pack serves 20 dosas which makes it an ideal option for guest gatherings and special occasions. You can find easy Keto, low-carb recipes, and authentic Indian recipes including South Indian (Kerala) foods. Add a spoonful of batter to the pan and immediately twist so the batter coats the base and slips up the edges.

Immediately start to spread the batter from the center out in a circular motion in one direction (I prefer clockwise). All you need to do is pour the content into the bowl, add water and curd, mix well, pour it on the pan and enjoy the authentic taste. Serve up immediately on a tray with the masala potatoes sprinkled with coriander along with a selection of chutneys and curries.

Sour Curd – the sour curd helps to achieve the sour taste in your dosa and also helping the fermentation process. I've included a step-by-step video to make the process more comprehensive and to show you exactly how to get the perfect texture and flavor!

But sharing an authentic dosa recipe with you -- the kind that all of these other versions spun off from, so to say, has been on my to-do list for a while now. Also, make sure to not run it more than 45 seconds to a minute, as the batter will get too hot which can affect fermentation. A lot of times it is by mixing flours together, but sometimes I also add the Oats Flourand coconut to the regular dosa batter and make dosa’s too. Once all the ingredients are well soaked, drain and grind both the batters, individually by using one cup of water in each.The dosa batter fermented very nicely, and the dosas I made were tender and a bit chewy, and had a good flavor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment