276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Postcards From Heaven

£3.705£7.41Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Year in Focus – Eurochart Hot 100 Singles 1998" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol.15, no.51. 19 December 1998. p.8 . Retrieved 6 February 2020. Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol.15, no.24. 13 June 1998. p.11 . Retrieved 26 February 2020. The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Lighthouse Family; 'High ')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.

They are best known for their worldwide hit " High", which reached number four on the UK Singles Chart and number one in Australia. Other well known songs include " Goodbye Heartbreak", " Lifted", " Lost in Space", " Ocean Drive" and " Raincloud". The duo's first studio album in 18 years, Blue Sky in Your Head, was released on 5 July 2019. This section contains overly lengthy quotations. Please help summarize the quotations. Consider transferring direct quotations to Wikiquote or excerpts to Wikisource. ( May 2022) Dutch album certifications – Lighthouse Family – Postcards from Heaven" (in Dutch). Nederlandse Vereniging van Producenten en Importeurs van beeld- en geluidsdragers . Retrieved 18 September 2019. Enter Postcards from Heaven in the "Artiest of titel" box. Select 1998 in the drop-down menu saying "Alle jaargangen".The three big hit singles show them at their best and demonstrate at least some diversity within their admittedly narrow range of operation, “Raincloud” cheekily reworks the 70’s disco-groove of the old John Paul Young hit “Love Is In The Air” to paradoxically sunny effect, “High” sees them recreating the lush gospel feel of their best known song “Lifted” with its spiritual undertone and evangelical choir while “Lost In Space” is a stand-out, spaced-out, almost trippy ballad which even borrows a little from 60’s psychedelia for effect. Dutchcharts.nl – Lighthouse Family – Postcards From Heaven" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 1 April 2021. Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Lighthouse Family; 'Postcards from Heaven ')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie . Retrieved 18 September 2019.

It took about eight months to write the song. When we did Ocean Drive there was no pressure, we hadn't sold any records so nobody was expecting anything, whereas when we got to the second album which is what this was, there were a lot of people who were saying, 'this is huge, this is massive, this is the hit on the record.' And I hadn't even finished writing it, so immediately I'm under this enormous pressure. The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Lighthouse Family; 'Postcards from Heaven ')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien . Retrieved 18 September 2019. The duo had planned to release a new album called Blue Sky in Your Head on 3 May 2019, introduced by the single, "My Salvation", on 21 March; however, the album release was delayed until 5 July 2019. Blue Sky in Your Head is their first album in 18 years. Lighthouse Family have announced a multi-date UK tour commencing in November 2019. [ citation needed] The album was supported with two sell-out UK tours. Swedishcharts.com – Lighthouse Family – Postcards From Heaven". Hung Medien. Retrieved 1 April 2021.Copsey, Rob (15 March 2021). "How Lighthouse Family made High: "It was the most difficult of them all" ". Official Charts Company . Retrieved 19 May 2022.

High (UK cassette single sleeve). Lighthouse Family. Wildcard Records, Polydor Records. 1997. 569 148-4. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link)Official Hip Hop and R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 17 September 2018. ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 1998 Albums" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved 18 September 2019. We started recording Postcards from Heaven in March 1997 and we went to Miramont in France to start recording it. We were there until about June and the whole time I was sitting in the room on my own with a blank sheet of paper trying to write High and driving myself mad with it. Everybody kept saying 'have you done it yet?' and I hadn’t. a b "Australiancharts.com – Lighthouse Family – Postcards From Heaven". Hung Medien. Retrieved 12 April 2023.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment