276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AquaHouse DI Car Wash water filter, Pure water for Spot Free Rinse Car Valeting & Window Cleaning

£15.645£31.29Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The filter can be easily refilled once the Polyphosphate is spent, thanks to a refillable housing with a threaded screw top.

I would definitely advise anyone who gets one to also invest in a low cost TDM meter and regularly test the PPM of the produced water. The air temp must of be The filter includes a hose lock adaptor and comes pre-filled with approximately 160g of Polyphosphate crystals, which lasts for up to 30,000 litres. The Aqua Gleam 0ppm filter can filter the below quantities of water, we would expect an average of 8 litres to be used per rinse.

Reverse osmosis reduces the TDS of water by about 95% and does assure a spot-free rinse with most waters, so that's something to keep in mind if you're looking for a cleaner rinse. If you want pure-filtered water to give your vehicle a final dry-free rinse then this is the kit to use. Since softened water will leave the surface virtually effortlessly smooth, a car wash water softener is perfect for the final rinse at any car wash service business. Or do you only have access to hard water, and you’re afraid that it will leave stains and cause limescale formations on your car as it does on appliances?

I washed my gleaming metallic black XKR (in the evening sun) and then rinsed it off with the 0ppm filter – and then walked away. No need to dry: with the application of purified water, no need to clean the remaining drops regarding stains! Lots of things contain salt, but the water softener uses it in the clean cycle to 'wash' the resin beads that perform the ion exchange.Water retention stop caps to replace the plastic caps that come with the filter at present would be very welcome. I'd like to know that answer in two parts, one for the finish on the car and another in terms of any long term damage done by softened water.

As an aside, I note you said your water is softened from the main inwards, thats not right you know. If you have hard water in your home, you may already have noticed the water spots on the surface of your plumbing fixtures and shower stall. many people have to wash the car then take it out down the road 10 minutes later by which time its probably raining! As such the water is already quite pure before it gets to these filters, so any shortfall in efficiency isn’t really noticed as they have such a low mineral load anyway.More recently, large scale car wash systems (such as tunnel washes), window cleaners and horticulturalists have also been using the products to produce water free from impurities. With proper settings, new resin in a 5 cu ft softener will provide approximately 6,750 gallons of soft water…assuming 20 grain hardness, 10% safety factor. It is also true that the elevated mineral content does inhibit the formation of soap suds in detergents. Our turn-key water treatment systems are all pre-engineered using the latest CAD technology available. Water at this higher level of purity will provide the best possible results and meet the requirements of even the most demanding users.

With more than 30 years’ experience in the residential and commercial water treatment space, Mark Nelson is a Class 1 Drinking-Water Operator and a CBWA (Canadian Bottled Water Association) Certified Plant Operator. I've got a black car with awkward angles and notoriously soft paint, so despite obsessively drying no more than a meter at a time, and only ever using a micro fibre the once then binning it, the swirl marks still add up. However, within a year I added an RO unit for drinking/cooking water and the spigot tap was replaced with one from the RO unit.Whatever your motivations are, the short answer is, yes, you can absolutely wash your car with soft water. Washing your car with softened water is worthwhile is using less soap and reducing the work of wiping away spots is important to you as a car owner. This is a not unreasonable question as both systems improve the quality of your mains water but in very different ways. Reverse osmosis (RO) water filtration systems are generally the most efficient and effective way to remove total dissolved solids from your water. Instead of doing the usual and drying the cars manually, I deliberately left both to drip dry with no intervention from me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment