276°
Posted 20 hours ago

CTEK MXS 5.0 Battery Charger with Automatic Temperature Compensation, Black

£47.495£94.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They connected me with their PR & Communication manager, who kindly approved this, plus she generously offered me to send the CTEK CT5 Protect Bumper and the CTEK Comfort Connect Cig Plug. CTEK CT5 Protect Bumper

Nevertheless, with a good battery charger/maintainer, you can extend the life of a battery by years. Desulfation– This stage is designed to break down sulfation, a buildup of lead sulfate crystals on the battery’s plates that can reduce its capacity and performance. The charger uses a high-frequency pulse to vibrate the crystals, breaking them down into smaller pieces that can be more easily dissolved in the battery acid. You can find more about this process here: Going forward, I will definitely strive to maintain our cars’ batteries every other week, if not more often. The more frequently I do this, the better it is for the battery. This way, I can easily prevent problems before they happen.The German outlet Auto Zeitung has done a comparison of the best battery chargers for motorcycles. They tested a lot of chargers and CTEK’s MXS 5.0 were their favorite. As I was winding down the other day, I opened one of my favorite YouTube channels, Harry’s Garage. While I do not consider myself to be a car guy (depending on who you ask), I do enjoy watching car shows and learning about cars.

Driving around in your car will only ever charge your battery to 80% capacity so, to top it up to 100%, you’ll always need a battery charger. 4. Extending battery life with maintenance charging As long as the acid and the water of the electrolyte in the battery are well mixed, the battery works as it should. But, if the acid and water separate into layers, the battery cannot be charged anymore because of the parts that are layered, not by the alternator, nor by the charger. For his car and motorcycle collections, Harry uses a battery charger/maintainer made by the Swedish company, CTEK. The model he uses is CTEK MXS 3.8. The charger will charge the battery with a maximum current up to approximately 80% of its capacity. The charging speed is, of course, dependent on the surrounding temperature and the power of the charger. It is no surprise that the NOCO models are similar in design (although the Genius10 is near twice the size of the Genius1). The C-TEK MXS 5.0 features the same rectangular design with an on/off button, mode button, and LED display. All three units feature large battery clamps. Key differences between MXS 5.0, Genius10, and Genius1 Design and specifications

Specifications

In fact, if you happen to own multiple vehicles, you can buy special CTEK indicator eyelets. You need to mount these small devices on your batteries, and they will show you the battery’s charge levels via green, yellow, and red LED lights. Credit: CTEK At CTEK, we're at the forefront of sustainable energy solutions, closely observing the evolution of electric vehicles (EVs) as the cornerstone of modern transportation. The commitment from the UK to this green transition isn't merely an environmental endeavour; it's a national initiative.

This will not only save you a lot of money but time, too (who wants to waste their time waiting around in repair shops?). The sulfates are removed from the lead plates by a pulsing voltage. This restores the battery capacity. The quality of the charging voltage and charging current is very important. A high current ripple heats up the battery which has an aging effect on the positive electrode. High voltage ripple could harm other equipment that is connected to the battery. CTEK battery chargers produce very clean voltage and current with low ripple.If no information is available, use the normal charging option, which is 14.4V. That setting is safe to use for all battery types (lead-acid, including GEL, EFB, AGM, etc.). In general, if you are not sure about the battery type, it’s always better to charge with lower voltage than a higher voltage. A stratified battery cannot store voltage as well as a healthy battery can and behaves like a smaller-capacity battery. When conventionally charged – by the charger or the alternator – only the parts that are still “healthy” will be charged. So, a battery may seem fully charged but can be emptied by one start attempt. Stratification also promotes corrosion on the upper half of the plates and creates sulphation problems at the bottom. Firstly to begin you need to connect your crocodile clips, make sure to read your car manufacturers recommended guidelines on how to connect to your battery.

Q: What if I select the AGM mode, but the battery isn’t AGM? Will that cause damage to the charger or the battery? CTEK’s are among the most expensive chargers that you can buy, but they have a lot going for them. First of all, Swedes, like Germans, are known for their impeccable engineering. CTEK, unlike other car battery charger manufacturers, is focused solely on this niche. Everything they do is about charging and maintaining batteries in one way or another. Credit: CTEK One handy feature omitted from this cheaper CTEK, though, is the ability to work as a 12V power source. The last car to receive the special treatment was my Alfa Romeo Stelvio (MY2019). This car has stop/start technology and uses an AGM battery (VARTA Silver Dynamic AGM, 95 Ah). I simply added the AGM mode and left the charger to do its thing. Your battery is impacted by everything it’s been through – any cases of under-charge, over-charge, extreme highs and lows of temperature are reflected in the battery chemistry and the physical state of the battery plates.According to Tony Zeal, battery expert and training manager at CTEK, external factors like temperature and the frequency of maintenance charging play a vital role in a car battery's longevity. To ensure years of optimal performance, it's essential to prioritize the best care for your battery. 💫 To be clear, below 2 volts is low, much lower than most people will ever encounter. The battery generally has to be very old, or in serious disrepair, to encounter a voltage this low. Is There Any Other Battery Charger That Would Suit Me Better?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment